[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - The source of the pain...
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 The source of the pain... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post The source of the pain...
Well, finally found out what is causing all the migraines, neck, shoulder, back, and arm pain. After getting fed up with no answers, I decided to drop the cash and get and MRI on my neck. Looks like I have a herniated disk pressing against my spinal cord and the onset of arthritis.

It has been nearly two years of living with this pain daily. It took 6 doctors, a sinus surgery, and a neurologist who said I had hemicrania continua ( a migraine that can last ten years, who also said there is no way it is a neck issue causing the pain..NEVER LIKED THAT NEUROLOGIST).

Now, I have to find another doctor who can help fix the issues. Hoping and praying surgery isn't the only option as I was already advised by my current chiropractor.I have heard horror stories of fusing the spinal cord.

The point of this thread, to encourage everyone else who lives with pain daily to keep trying different doctors. I wanted to give up many times. If it wasn't for my wife and daughter, I probably would have.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: The source of the pain...
Sounds like you are on the right track and mindset for this. Fusion is always the LAST option. although I do know people that had it done with great results. There are other options for sure. the right therapist can provide releif as well as accupunture, specific chi gong excersises. If you do feel the need for going under the knife, I have some top shelf names for you too.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is great news and now you can move forward with steps to resolve the issues. I am happy you posted in case anyone else knows someone dealing with similar debilitating symptoms. Past doctors should have ordered the MRI scan instead of guessing. Damn happy for ya.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I too could give you some recommendations. I used to be spine surgery consultant and have worked with some doctors that I'd recommend as well as some I wouldn't. Also- there are some advances in the field of surgery where you can actually get an artificial disc instead of fusion. That way you still have the mobility you are used to.

But hey, if Peyton Manning can win an MVP after two cervical fusions- it can't be all bad.

Look up ProDisc Cervical from Synthes. That is the disc replacement option.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not nearly as severe a problem, but I agree with seeking 2nd, & 3rd opinions.

I had a hyperactive thyroid (Graves disease) that was not responding well to medicine. They wanted to kill my thyroid and supplement me with synthetic hormone. I fought it, much to the dismay of my doctor, for years. A friend was subsequently diagnosed with Graves, and saw a couple different docs. One recommended a gluten free diet and it cured her Graves disease. I went gluten free, and cured my Graves as well. Most western medicine won't admit the link, but I now have met even more people who have had the same results.

Good luck!

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:16 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

I'm glad you got it figured out!

FWIW my aunt had the same thing going on many years ago, huge scar and the surgery screwed her up bad. My cousin just went through with the fusion surgery a couple of months ago, little tiny scar, and it's the best he's felt in years. He seems to be doing well so far.

I too would avoid surgery if possible, but I wouldn't fear it now as much as I would have 10 years ago. Medical advancements have sure come a long way.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:49 pm

I get serious migraines with vertigo. I went to 6 different dr's with no answer before I just gave up. Had 3 MRI's done. Same deal. first 2 was my head. I always have a bad neck ache. 3rd MRI was my neck. Nothing out of the normal. I just carry my stress in my neck and it will knot up so bad I can barely move.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have degenerative disc C4/5 & 5/6 and my neck locked up when I turned my head playing racquetball. After 6 months of physical therapy with no relief and a couple steroid shots that only gave temporary relief, I went for surgery. Luckily the doc I went to wasn't all covered by my insurance so I didn't go through with it. I started acupuncture once a week and after about a month or so I started getting real relief. My visits continue to spread out and now I go basically for preventive maintenance. 4 years later I'm out to every 6 months or so. Now when my neck tightens up, it usually only lasts a couple days and will loosen up on it's own. The lady I go to works out of an office in Lone Tree and also the Lifetime fitness in Parker. I have a friend who was having migraines and told him to give acupuncture a shot and it's worked for him as well. Definitely worth trying before going for surgery.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member