[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Our Broncos sure do get attention, drove to work today
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Our Broncos sure do get attention, drove to work today 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Our Broncos sure do get attention, drove to work today
No real point to this, just thougt I would share.

Had to be at work at 6 and for some weird reason I was in my garage at 4:30 ready to leave (about 30 min early)

Decided to drive the Bronco 1 last time before the wrench fest this weekend.
Unloaded all the crap that was sitting in the back, hooked up the battery, tightened down the bikini top and drove away happy

Stopped at the petro station and since I succesfully removed my aux tank cap that had no key, I decided to fill both tanks.
Rear, check.
Front, .5 gallon, 1 gallon, 2 gallons
then the soothing sounds of flowing fluid....

OH crap thats gas running on the ground.
panic! look under truck and the feed line is disconnected and running all over the ground.

quick pinch of vise grips and good again.

got to work and all the other Maintenance guys were oooing and ahing over it...all kinds of questions about it.
what year ,engine etc

actual work was delayed by about 15 minutes because of my new truck. 8-)
after the manager showed up
(him and I dont always see eye to eye)

he asked if it was mine(guess he knows I am a Bronco guy??) and started asking questions.
Asked how much I wanted for it, If I wanted to trade for his low mileage land rover LR2... Ummm no.

then when it was time to head to my other building, I leave and am getting ready to start it and my manager and supervisor come walking out towards me.

They start checking it out further, ask me to pop the hood and ask more questions.
I left 15 minutes later after they were done checking it out.
Good PR I say.

Forgot just how cool these dang Broncos are.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Our Broncos sure do get attention, drove to work today
My Bronco is in 500 pieces and have never cruised it but when Cortez and I went to the Meet N' Greet, we got a lot of attention. When I say attention, it was the good kind.

Maybe it is Cortez's flowing hair, His EB, or both - but it is a Girl Magnet - that is good attention :)

I cannot wait for spring to cruise my Bronco to work and weekends. Thanks for sharing - People at my work are following the progress on my porject and want me to bring it in when it is completed. This is getting me excited to work on my Bronco this weekend!

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I always get "thumbs up" and comments. And even more when my Doberman is riding in the back. I never expected I'd get so much attention, but it is pretty fun. :)

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The day I felt like my EB was ready enough I sold my Land Rover and the EB became the daily driver. Not sure that I will ever go back to a new(er) ride...maybe just keep making the Bronco better.

The thumbs up from people on the road and conversations at the pump never get old. I love seeing young kids pressed up against the glass of there parents car with big smiles on their faces pointing. Sure seems like baby boomers all have a story about EB's from their past.

Two more hours and I'll be driving home, windown down, radio off taking in some fresh fall air with a grin on my face. :P

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]