[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Ecoboost Bronco
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Ecoboost Bronco 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Ecoboost Bronco
So, while I have been plugging away on the new house, I have not been ignoring Broncos all together. Several months ago, the Local Ford dealer that I deliver to moved the Early Bronco that sat on the showroom floor to the shop. The Bronco is nice but a bit old school. It pretty much looked like it was built from an old K bar S catalog ( Not that that is bad thing ) . I knew they were up to something so I started asking questions and was told they were putting in an Ecoboost. Well it appears that it is up and running as I saw it running up the highway today. I'm going to attempt to get some photos and more details this week. I'm pretty curious about the rest of the drivetrain. I'm guessing they stuffed the whole F150 drivetrain in there but don't know yet. I am intrigued to say the least.

As a side note my Mac Book does not like the word " Ecoboost " it tries repeatedly to change it to " Ice Boat "

Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Ecoboost Bronco
Ecoboost, Ice Boat; either way it sounds cool!

Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Test drive that bad boy!

Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

BC Broncos has a pretty good system in place for the Ecoboost swap, and has made a few of them happen. I'm not seeing anything on their site. There are also a couple of swap threads over on CB.com. It's still being explored as an option, and I suspect we'll start to see it be more common once Ecoboosts start turning up in junkyards on a more regular basis.

Ford has a standalone engine controller for the 3.5L Ecoboost. It'd be a spendy but awesome conversion. I've thought about doing it, but it'd be cost prohibitive right now compared to a 351w swap for similar power. The only other thing I'm not sure about is how annoying even the small amount of turbo lag they have would be out on the trail. I suspect it'd just be a matter of getting used to it.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah lag on an offroad rig would suck. Especially if you get into the nasty stuff. I could see parts breaking when the turbo lights. Unlike a diesel where the torque is already there down low. But for a mostly-street rig i think it'd be pretty cool!

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

After driving my new F-150 for almost 2 months now, I wouldn't want the Ecoboost in the Bronc at all. Don't get me wrong, I really like the truck and the engine, but that minor hesitation for the turbos would be my big issue as well. I've played around with the 4wd system and even in low, there is a minor, barely perceptible hesitation when you tickle the go pedal. It is a completely different feel than the EFI on the ole 302, which you know is there. I guess you could get used to it with a lot of saddle time, but I prefer what I already have.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]