[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Operation Burnout
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 Operation Burnout 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Operation Burnout
Rather than turn the Members Rigs section into my diary of madness, I'm going to throw this stuff in here. Easier organization for me.

So, here's where I stand.

The 351W is mostly assembled. I need to seal the timing cover and water pump, install the oil pump and pick up, put the oil pan on, and drop a distributor in.

The C4 is still in pieces. My parts should arrive in the next day or two and then I'll get it put together.

The J shift is good to go. Just need to put the stub and gears back in.

Axles:
My D44 is lacking in the brakes and axles department. I've started bolting my spare drum stuff to the knuckles to make it roll. But with my 9" being disc, I'll need to either find the Chevy stuff with a quickness or find a drum 9".

The 9", as mentioned, is a disc set up. It needs new rotors and pads to be road worthy, but will roll at the moment.

And here's my to-do list.

Build and stab distributor
Install oil pump and oil pump driveshaft
Install oil pan
Install flex plate
Buy, build, install carb
Install exhaust manifolds and stubs
Pick up transmission parts
Build transmission
Connect transmission and transfer case
Drain and refill torque converter
Connect engine to transmission
Install engine mounts
Install crossmember to transmission
Install drivetrain
Install cooler lines
Install radiator
Install fan
Hook up power steering pump and box
Wire motor
Connect linkage, NSS, and kick down
Connect J shift
Install driveshafts
Plumb brakes
Install track bar, drag link, tie rods
Install headlights
Install turn signals

Seems easy enough, right?

Closing has moved to the 26th. Movers take everything away on the 24th. The Baja is still in Penrose.

And I'm here until April 30 now instead of April 1. So, that gives me a little more time.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Operation Burnout
I'll pull my trail spare axles out today, just need to get them to you.

Anyone heading south soon?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Apparently I'm not keeping up.

Where are you moving to?

Not sure what you need for a carb, but the Devil's spawn Holley 650 double pumper is coming off my rig very soon. It has a truck avenger vent tube, blue reusable gaskets and a full compliment of 60-80 size jets + 3 different power valves for tuning. I hate the darn thing, but that's just me. icon biggin

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was cussing you guys all day today after a CL listing I had saved was deleted. Turns out the seller just chooses to delete and relist daily? Anyone, some parts I've been needing are still available! And some parts I just want are also available! Parts! Yay!

The Terrible One

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Boo yah!

This whole mad dash to put a Bronco on the road would probably be easier if I weren't doing this.

The Terrible One

Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Took an unauthorized break in the packing and sorting of the house today to check something off my list.

Tore down a Duraspark 351W distributor and turn it into a points distributor using piece of Corey's old dizzy.

And now, back to packing.

The Terrible One

Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Almost forgot! I didn't really want to drop the money on a new exhaust system. And trying to cobble something together from the salvage yard was looking like my only option. And then, enter Curt.

Curt used to have a Bronco and sold it some time ago. He's getting rid of the last of his Bronco parts and I scored this off of him.

Being that I'm putting in a 351W I'm sure I'll have to lengthen some stuff a little. But much better than trying to piece everything together from scratch.

The Terrible One

Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Heat shield is a score. Those things usually get tossed.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So, after moving almost all my crap to Missouri, selling the house, moving into a rental, and then going to Texas for work, this happened.

12'x50' with electrical. Big thanks to 75DBE who is not only tolerating my presence as a guest for the next 8 weeks, but is also kenneling this mutt for me.

Only about half the stuff in here is mine. Strictly tools and parts required to put this bad boy on the road. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Next step is to schedule my CSP VIN inspection. Once complete, I'll take pictures, get my appraisal and start tearing into it! Damn shame I leave for Texas again on Wednesday.

The Terrible One

Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Holy crap dude! If you need help call me please, you've helped me plenty! Sorry I haven't been able to for a couple of months, I've had a lot happening, but things have slowed some, so give me a shout when you're working on it next!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This is still in Colorado? I'd be happy to help as well with anything I can to help you get it going.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, I'm way behind schedule on the administrative stuff. But, mechanically I'm moving along.

I managed to get the engine all buttoned up, minus a couple of coolant hoses. The transmission will be next, once it isn't 26°f in the storage unit.

Wiring is a damn nightmare. Between a dual battery set up, the old plow wiring, and about 1,000 zip ties I've finally managed to isolate the circuit I need and identify what's missing.

The Terrible One

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No pictures today. Nothing worth taking a picture of.

It's never the big things that hold projects like this up. It's the tiny little ankle biters. Those little 1-2 parts that you misplace, break or simply walk off that will hold you up for days. Today was no different.

Minus spark plugs and wires, the motor is done.

The transmission is another story. Somehow I managed to lose the #3 and #4 thrust washers. Of course I didn't find this out until I was in the middle of putting things back together. I ordered another thrust washer kit which should arrive too late for me to do anything meaningful before I leave for Texas on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I'm going to head to Don's for some odds and ends. After, time permitting, wiring.

The Terrible One

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have spark plugs and wires for you

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Do you want me to bring them to you tomorrow morning?

Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you're not busy, that would be cool. Appreciate it.

The Terrible One

Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Keep on chugging! It'll get there!

Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry just saw the reply, I can bring them by after work tomorrow. Text me if that works.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Full width no mo'!

The Terrible One

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Keep at it !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bronco width, fo' sho'.

The Terrible One

Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

To say I am running behind on this would be a woefully inadequate understatement. In light of this, I have begun paring down parts that won't be used on the build, in an effort to ensure I can transport everything to Missouri in one load come May.

Late last night I put the full width axles up for sale on Craigslist. Thought I might get lucky and find a buyer before I leave for Texas in the morning. And I was not disappointed. At 7:30pm the guy said he wanted them. At 8:30 he picked them up. And at 11:00, I closed storage and came home after installing the Bronco width axles.

That's it for three weeks. When I see this thing again, it will be for packing up and heading east. I'm not quite declaring defeat yet. But, I certainly fell short of the lofty goals I set.

The Terrible One

Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Life happens. The important part is you keep at it!

Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

moving sucks.. your time and soul

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

For being so short on time, you really kicked it into high gear on that swap!
My BAJA bones are jealous!

Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]