[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Trail clean ups/ Volunteering our time
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Trail clean ups/ Volunteering our time 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Trail clean ups/ Volunteering our time
Hey guys,

I have been interested in being part of a trail clean up or possibly adopting a trail to help keep our trails clean and open in Colorado. I don't know how many trails are available to adopt still but I can find out if our club has any interest in doing this. I know "Stay The Trail" has been posting a lot of trail clean ups they have assisted other clubs with on Facebook and it has awaken my interest again. The latest clean up I saw was on Yankee hill area, this hit a spot with me because I have wheeled and camped there since I was 14. I have seen the area change a lot and with the sport growing in popularity these areas I think will need our help. Let me know your opinion, or if you have tried to start this before and it didn't work or there were hurdles to jump please let me know that info as well. If there is enough interest I will pursue some info, if not I will see how to join other clean ups and then post up for anyone interested to come along on those.

Thanks for any of your opinions!

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:52 am

Post Re: Trail clean ups/ Volunteering our time
This has been discussed in like 2011ish. What has been found IIRC nothing close to the front range was available. I think Justin headed up the research.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would be interested in helping out

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We could do something "unofficial" without too much headache. Pickle Gulch had a really tore up shooting area that needed cleaning last year, it's probably still a mess. My Bronco trailer can get in there behind BSD.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Interested as well.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds like it would be best to go unofficial with trail clean ups. Thanks for the heads up ZOSO, maybe I'll reach out to Justin and see what info he can share with me. Has anyone been on a trail lately that might need some cleaning up? Last fall I was up on trail 710.1 off Cascade Creek Road using the shooting area, it was pretty messed up so I started cleaning things up and a local person stopped and said thank you. So we could see if its still in bad shape there. I'm also game to running pickle gulch and cleaning that area up. I like running that trail. I'm sure after the holiday weekend there will be some trash up in the hills as well.

The only issue I see with doing unofficial trail clean ups is where we will dispose of the trash we pick up.

I also have a trailer that I can pull through trails to put trash in.

I think I'll put a call into Stay the Trail and see if they have heard of any trails needing a clean lately.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Either location sounds good, shooting areas are usually abused. I'd recommend disposable nitrile gloves if we are cleaning up around lead rounds, I'll bring them.

If the trash produced is large garbage bags we could disperse them among attendees. If there is more than expected then we could run them over to Dad's landfill off Gun Club Rd and pay the fee, or if it'll all fit into my Bronco trailer I can dispose of it via a rolloff at work.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:33 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1631&hilit=adopt+a+trail

In the members section.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Seems like there has been some good interest over the last 5 years, so I think if its possible we should get something set up. This club is really solid now and stable, I think it could be time for an opportunity like this. I have an email into Stay The Trail and will see if they can answer my questions. I'll keep you guys updated as to where it goes. The links on the page ZOSO posted didn't work for me so i'll see if I can find them again. Thanks guys for all your opinions and input.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Where do we stand on this, I am very interested in helping out.

There is a trans "transfer station" right off santa fe and Union if that is more convenient to dispose of the excessive rubbish.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There is also waste management on 285 between pine junction and Bailey. I would be willing to help out.

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zen and I have traded a couple of PMs. The main need right now is to figure out what trails are still open for adoption.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]