[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Suspension help
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Suspension help 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Suspension help
About to weld in adjustable Coil buckets. I think they were welded in place for full width axles, which I don't have but wondering if the leaning out will cause me any issues?

We are 11 or 12 deg off 90.Image

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Suspension help
I think you'll be fine. I ran mine with stock uppers and 79 F150/Bronco axles for several years. There was much more bow than that.

My new set up will be similar with slightly wider uppers than lowers.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Everyone I've spoken with agree. There won't be any noticeable difference. Just make sure my tire won't come up and contact it.

I will be cheating the spring in a little to help them be more vertical, but I am guessing I'll only gain 5 deg or so.

I failed to get a picture, but here is where the drivers side was after welding it in solid:

Both sides are now in solid and everything is painted. I've made some straps to hold the spring in place similar to OE, and once the new springs arrive, I will build some stops so the spring can't go anywhere. Then it should be mounting it all up for the final time and see if I can flex it out somehow.

I will say it was easier than I expected to get all the stock stuff off the frame. I didn't clean it all off as some of it was left to keep the thickness for strength. But in the 10hrs +/- I have into it, I figured to be about half-way to where I am. Very pleased to know that maybe 2 more hours and I'll be testing it. Perhaps minor gains, but this gives me flexibility in the future and I know I won't miss those stiff 3.5" springs!

Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A Bronco mod that went faster than expected? I'd go buy a Powerball ticket!

What new springs did you install? Looks like my Deavers. 5.5" lift spring set at 3.5" lift gave me great additional droop.

Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I know right? I went with Wild Horses 5.5" coils in blue. I'd love to try taller someday, but then I get into custom springs, and it's probably cheaper to do coilovers at that point.
Went for the patriotic theme. Red tailgate, white body, blue springs!

Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think a longer spring than 5.5" would over extend my 14" shocks.

Just curious, your first picture looks like linear rate coils. That's why I thought they were Deavers. Is that picture the new WH coils? I thought WH coils were all progressive rate.

Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am concerned about the shock length. These have been on the bronco since I bought it...2003-ish?? And probably due for replacement, but I may pull one off and see if it's still doing it's job and decide from there. My Y-link arms have contacted them slightly as well, but I haven't felt any adverse affects to that.

The pictures are all of the old coils. New ones to arrive today!

Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]