[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - D60 shaving
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 D60 shaving 

Post D60 shaving
My rear D60 full float out of a 78 F250 likes to meet every rock on the road. Maybe this has to do with running 35s? At any rate the lower section of the cover is getting destroyed even though it is a hefty one from Ruff Stuff. At least 2 of the bolts are almost gone. I know I can get bigger tires and that is planned sometime but even with those I am afraid my wheeling style will take a toll. Therefore I have a couple of questions.
1. I see Ballistic has a shave kit that says after the plate it gives an inch. Has anyone here used that?
2. This kind of work is well above my level of skill who in the Denver area would be suited for this kind of task?
3. Any idea on the cost of such a job?

Thanks

Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: D60 shaving
I don’t have experience with the shave kit but I just had some work done on a couple of 9” axle housings from Western Drivetrain and thought they were very transparent and fair with their pricing and did good work.

http://www.axleandgear.com/axle-repair-near-me.html

Maybe give them a call and see what it would cost or what they might recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]