[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Leans to the left
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Leans to the left 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Leans to the left
Hey everybody,

What would or could cause my Bronco to lean or sit to the left? In other words, it looks like a 3 ton gorilla has been sitting in the driver's seat. Thanks

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Leans to the left
Have you measured how much is it off?

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Typical "Bronco lean" would be my first guess. Is it the entire driver side or just the front or rear end?

If it's the front, the best way to fix it isn't a quick fix. You have got to pretty much take the front end loose. Put it up on jacks & support it by the frame rails & take the tires off. Then you need to jack the front axle up so that it is supported and loosen the back radius arm nuts, the 4 C-clamp bolts on the front of the radius arms for both sides and lower the jack down slowly so that the axle can re-seat its self in the c-bushings, then slowly jack the axle back up to the point just before the frame lifts off the stands. Then tighten the bolts up on the c-clamps in an X pattern. Do a little driver, a little passenger then hit the rear radius nuts. Keep doing that until everything is tight, put the tires on and set it back down. Normally it's a seating problem with the bushings in the c-cups.

If its the rear end, do you have a spring thats broken? An overload spring in there?

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the quick response. I have not measured, but if I had to guess, 2-3 inches. The entire left side sits down. I will definetly look at the radius arms. I have previously had the whole front end out.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It could be anything from worn springs and suspension bushings to body mounts and the body/tub rotting, to a bent chassis etc etc etc

Start with an inspection of your suspension, measure ride height at all four corners and the condition of all parts.

Then check body condition, mounts and floors where mounts are.

Then check frame for visible damage.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]