[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Naughty Bad Fun Time---AKA opened a can of worms
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Naughty Bad Fun Time---AKA opened a can of worms 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Naughty Bad Fun Time---AKA opened a can of worms
So I was out half heartedly looking at F150s that were being parted out trying to find a decent m5od to swap into the green machine and stumbled across an interesting tranny in a F150.

Needless to say I snatched it up for an obscenely low price and now that I have a tranny, and the mythical small block zf5 to boot, I now need to deal with all the stuff I have been putting off for the last year because I have been too busy at work and with the two new kids.

I always said I would do efi or repower with diesel when I did the five speed swap since my 302 is a bit leaky... But in looking at what I really feel is essential and the funds in the momma don't know fund it appears that was a bit amitious. Here is the revised priority list I have come up with to do before summer:

5speed swap
engine reseal
power steering
disc brakes
Tank repair/replace

Part of me says when you have it out go all out and do the efi/diesel, fix all the rust, put that spare frame to use. The other part reminds me that I barely have the time to go pick up the parts and besides I just love to drive the damn thing and doing just the priority list and some rust repair here and there will keep me happy for a few years till the kids get old enough and some time frees up.

So what do you think? Just the essentials to get by for a while or find a way to do it all the first time?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Naughty Bad Fun Time---AKA opened a can of worms
I need to find a ZF for my F250 also. I prefer to do one thing at a time. This allows you to make sure each thing was done right and allows you to work the bugs out, one at a time. When you slam several things in all at once it causes kaos and confusion and frustration.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

alright...so I have been gathering parts and finally set a date to start the work.

I have...

the zf
np205
bcbroncos zf5 xmember
205 frame mounting kit
clutch mc kit
chevy disc brake conversion parts
4x4x2 conversion parts minus the ps pump bracket, anyone know what I should use?
front and rear tanks
a buttload of rust bullet
tailgate repair panel

I took the week of the 23rd offfrom work to give me a block of time to complete it. The plan is to:

pull the motor/tranny/tcase
fix any motor leaks
clean, treat, paint engine bay
install 4x4x2 box while motor is out
install motor
install tranny
install tcase
install clutch mc
measure and drop driveshafts off to be built
while I am waiting for driveshafts:
sell 3speed and hurst shifter
sell d20 and twinstick
disc brake swap
replace tanks and fill tubes
kill a six pack just to watch it die
pick up and install drive shafts
Work out any kinks

Then if any time is left attack any rust spots

ambitious probably but I did back off doing a frame swap...I am sure at some point I will toss tools at the wall in frustration, but I did buy many of the parts I would normally fabricate to save time and frustration and I'll be doing all the bs stuuff like tcase shifter fab beforehand

anyone know of a good driveshaft shop that is affordable?

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]