[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Won't disengage front drive shaft
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Won't disengage front drive shaft 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Won't disengage front drive shaft
I took Lila out today to make sure everything was going to be running for the snow run. I have Twin stick D20. I have hubs unlocked and rear stick in high and front in neutral,
The front shaft still engages and not the rear does not engage. And I Need some help with carb adjustment. Any takers. banghead

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Won't disengage front drive shaft
What shift pattern do you have?

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's a J shift D20. Left stick is rear and right is front . The right is in neutral and the rear is pulled back into hi range. Doesn't go anywhere in drive and can hear the front shaft spinning.the hubs are free as well. Do you thing my hubs are still locked in some way? rant

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lock your hubs in and see if it moves how you have it. If it does, then unlock your hubs and fiddle with the rear again. Maybe you don't quite have it in gear?? Do this while moving the bronco in a straight line to make sure nothing is binding. Also make sure your levers are not contacting the tunnel at all.
4-low = both sticks forward
4-high = both sticks back

Start there and lets see what you come up with. I am hoping that since nothing is happening that you have both sticks in the neutral position. The sound you hear could simply be the transmission or the input spinning in the t-case.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

'81 Coachman Caper XL MH, 4WD, EFI 460/ZF/BW1356, D44/Sterling, 4.10s/35s, under const...
'83 Bronco, D60/Sterling, 5.13/ARBs, MAF EFI 351W/ZF/BW1356, 37" MT/Rs.
'12 Buggy, HPD60, Hi-9, 4.10s, Explorer 5.0, Atlas 4-speed, my chassis, EB skins.
And the latest project is a '99 Ranger Extra-Cab, custom frame/tube work, on 40s...

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup I was just out there and my mind started working again. All is well with Lila now. Now I know why animals eat their young. Amazed I have made it this far. Thanks guys. spank slap loco

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

JBFab has some sweet billet knobs for their twin sticks (not sure if you have JBFab sticks or not)....but they show the exact shift pattern and right and left on each so you can't get it mixed up.

Hard to see in this pic...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Closer.....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I ran around with a piece of masking tape stuck to my dash with the shift patterns written down for a while.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Funny thing is that JB sends out a sticker with the shift pattern on it and the one I got was cmpletely wrong. Talk about confusion.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There was a sticker for the pattern and I misplaced it. I really like vipers shifts with c4 gears. I think he could market those.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was scared to death of shifting into hi & lo at the same time, and shelling the tcase! Of course I did just that on my test drive, couldn't get the shifters back to a normal setting, had to unlock hubs, and bump the clutch a few times to undo it.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's the trouble with the D20. Most are hard to get into and out of gear. Rolling back and forth a few times to get it to change is sometimes required. So just make sure you do not have one in high and one in low.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]