[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Dash Switch for 6-port dual tank switch
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Dash Switch for 6-port dual tank switch 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Dash Switch for 6-port dual tank switch
Alright - We are finally getting around to hooking in the aux. tank. I have the Pollak ? 6 port valve. I have everything hooked up and then realized I need a special switch. So I have read enough to know I need a DPDT switch, that is reversing. Can this switch be found locally, or do I need to order one. Is there a way to get a normal 6 pole switch and add a jumper for the reversing?

I figured I would head to Radio Shack in the morning, but thought I would check for some solid answers here first.

Thanks!!

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:00 pm
Post Re: Dash Switch for 6-port dual tank switch
If you have the stock switch you can use it.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Viper - Thanks for the reply. The bronco didn't come with dual tanks, but I do have a stock switch I could use. How would I wire it? I will search some for info, but if you have a diagram or something that would be great.

Here is what I am trying to do except I am only wiring the fuel tank valve, no the pumps.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Viper - I think I got this figured out. It looks like if I have 2 jumpers each attaching diagonally from the outside to the outside connectors, attach the pos and neg leads to the outside connectors and then feed to the tank from the center connectors.....this should give me reversing + and - as I toggle.

Seems to work. Does this make sense or sound right?

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Now that I look at the diagram, I did it just like it is pictured......Should have read better first. Lookis like it will work great. Thanks Viper!

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:17 am
Yep. Just like that diagram shows. Let the valve do the switching of the sender wires. That's how I wired mine. One other thing I did was to use 12V from after the inertia switch to power the switch/valve/pumps. That way the inertia switch would kill the LP pumps as well as the HP pump.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have my feeder and HP pump wired to the FI harness after the inertia switch, so I am good there. Just trying to get the tanks and gauge to switch. You saved me a couple bucks!! Remind me and I'm good for a beer or soda!!

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]