[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Rear brake drum parts (Before and After)
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Rear brake drum parts (Before and After) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Rear brake drum parts (Before and After)
While the rear center is out I'm going through the drum brakes. As it stands, both drums are missing some pieces (or they're in the wrong locations) so its just easier to order all the correct parts. Its been difficult finding the kits for a 10 x 2.5 drum. I did however find kits and parts through RockAuto. The only brand that has listed parts for a 10 x2.5 drum is Raybestos.
I'm assuming the kits need to be for a 10 drum?

Adj Repair Kit Rear Right H2543 Rear Left H2542

Drum Brake Hardware Kit H7143 (Both side included)

Wheel Cylinder Left wc37648 Right wc37658
The wheel cylinders I currently have look to be 1 1/8 bore but the only ones listed have been 13/16.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframe ... 024-451826

Do ya think I should just order the dam parts?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Gregg on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Rear brake drum parts
I've always picked up my rear drum stuff at Auto Zone. Advanced never seems to have what I need as far as the rear end goes.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Rear brake drum parts
Ditto on the Zone, they had the rebuild kits for mine.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup, all of those parts are available locally. Buy here and have it in your hands when you walk out of the store.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It'd be nice to have in my hands w/o shipping. But when I checked their (auto zone and adv auto ) online stores they only had listings for 11 inch drums. That why I wondered if any of those parts can be used for both...

I'm also not in a big hurry. The center section wont be done for a couple of weeks.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

that's funny.

I'll stop by auto zone tomorrow.
Thanks.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:44 pm
Go here and find the part numbers you need then take that to the store. http://www.raybestos.com/wps/portal/ray ... UUTIwNTA!#

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am doing my rear drums this week I had to order the spring kit and adjusting hardware from bc broncos or toms bronco I ordered a little while ago. Auto zone also has 4 different part numbers for wheel cylinders one set is for a 2900 gvw axle the other is for a 3300 gvw axle I ordered both sets and will return the ones that are incorrect. The zone can not get springs or adjusting screw kits for 10.25 rear drums. They do however have the shoes. Hope this helps.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I havn't made it to the Zone to see if they have the parts yet but at least I have the right part numbers now (thanks viper). Except the wheel cylinders. They're listed for the 10x2.5 drums but have different inlet sizes.

3/8 24 inlet for the left side
http://www.raybestos.com/wps/portal/gen ... dName=BDBL

M10x1 inlet for the right side
http://www.raybestos.com/wps/portal/gen ... dName=BDBL

When you find out which cylinders (part number) you're using let me know.

Thanks!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I picked up all of my parts for rebuilding my drums from the big napa store off 70th so that might be another option.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Whoever programmed those part numbers is high. Both wheel cylinders should be 3/8-24. These should do you. The wheel cylinders across years are essentially the same, with the main difference being the bore size, which can affect brake bias in small ways. I can't remember what year your brake system is, but these should be close.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/ ... p7q6Z8knp8

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, M10x1 is a metric thread. Wrong.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good thing I checked with you brainiacs! I ordered the kits but held off on the cylinders.
Thanks!

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

BTW, I've got the special tools that can make installing those parts at little easier if you want to borrow them.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

fingers?
That'd be great. I'll give you a call in the next couple days.

Thanks!

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds good. We'll be around some this weekend, you've got my #.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Rear brake drum parts (Before and After)
Before and after picsP1010239.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:53 pm
Looks like somebody's a drum brake expert now. Your Bronco is going to have a heart attack if you put those shiney new parts on it.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

those look awesome

I guess you can return my cinder block and rope now

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd still like to borrow it as a "Parking Brake" (phil).

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

nice work shawn, when can i drop mine off to you for some of that drum love?

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice rebuild Man they look better than when Ford put them on.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]