[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Danna 44 C's
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Danna 44 C's 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Danna 44 C's
Is there anyone out there that has cut and rotated the C's on their danna 44. Im looking for anyone that might be willing to come help me with taking on this project. Im going to have the axle out so i figure this is the best time to do it.

Tue May 01, 2012 7:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Danna 44 C's
Consider removing the C's all together?

Here's what I did:

Talk to Clint at Battlement. This allows for so much more flex over stock...

Wait, are you talking knuckles?

J.D.

Wed May 02, 2012 8:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes I mean the knuckles. Sorry for the mess up. That's the suspension set up in doing. I wanted to rotate that knuckles the so I can get a better pinion angle.

Wed May 02, 2012 11:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ahh, gotcha. Haven't done that myself, but I am at the fine line where what I have is working, but I'd like a little more caster without sacrificing pinion angle

Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Jesus_man......
I'm probably going to leave my axle alone for now. How did you go about getting your pinion angle. Since I'm doing the same set up as you I thought I would ask you since you have gone through it.

Sun May 06, 2012 10:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ideally you want your pinion to point right at the yoke on the t-case, but it's difficult on the front axle because you have caster to contend with as well. It's worse if you have a stock or Low Pinion 44. But it can be done.

For something you drive on the street, you want around 5-8* of Caster. I'd shoot for closer to 5 to improve your pinion angle. If the rest of your steering is in good shape and your bronco wanders, you'll want to add a couple degrees of caster. But make sure the rest of your steering is tight before you chase that lead.

Mon May 07, 2012 7:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Do you just put an angle finder on the knuck? I want to make sure to get it right my last set up I messed up the caster and couldnt drive it on the street unless in moved my upper link in.

Mon May 07, 2012 8:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I wonder if it would be possible to spin the tubes at the center section and leave the knuckles as is????? Not sure how you would cut the welds tho, maybe drill them???? I would be interested in doing this if possible. Then I dont have to relocate my trac bar riser or ram/steering set up.

Mon May 07, 2012 8:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, on the knuckle for caster and on the pinion support for pinion angle.

Justin - I am not sure. Seems like a good idea. I think it's a pressed fit, so maybe with some heat you could rotate them. But that much heat will kill your seals, so out comes the carrier to replace those.

Mon May 07, 2012 9:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good point JD, that would be a cheap price to pay to get the correct DS angle.

Mon May 07, 2012 9:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have call into highcountry 4x4 to see what they would charge to do it. If its not a whole lot in might be work it to get the pros do it.

Mon May 07, 2012 9:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My experience is high Country is expensive, but last I dealt with them was many years ago.

Might try Crawlertech4x4 as well. There may be other shops in town too.

Mon May 07, 2012 9:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 07, 2012 9:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Crawlertech 4x4 wants $400. So looks like it might stay the way it is for know. Not sure I want to take on the project of grinding the welds on the Knuckles for hours right now. I'm sure I'll hate myself down the road.

Mon May 07, 2012 10:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is actually pretty reasonable for the amount of time involved. I know that's a chunk of change, but from what I remember seeing, that's a good price. I would think you could get by without it really.

Measure your caster and pinion angle and lets go from there.

Mon May 07, 2012 10:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So put the angle finder on top of the knuckle for the caster, and that should be leaning forward 5-8*? and the put it on the pinion support to see what that is? Does that sound right?

Mon May 07, 2012 10:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would recommend cutting and rotating the "C's" before rotating the tubes. I cut and rotated my "C's", it was a ton of work. I did it so I could get a better pinion angle and not wander down the street. Before cutting and rotating them it was all over the road. If I had to do it all over again I probably would have just installed ram assist steering (ended up installing it anyway) and called it good. The ram assist steering should be enough to compensate for the wandering and it is only about $250. Helps a ton offroad too! Based on your avatar pic I would recommend you try the ram assist before modifying the housing as it looks like you could benefit from it offroad anyhow!

Mon May 07, 2012 10:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yea I don't think I'm going to touch the knuckles now. I'm just going to try and find a happy medium between my caster/pinion angle. Hopefully I get it right. Thanks for all the help from everyone!

Mon May 07, 2012 10:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 07, 2012 10:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome that helps a lot. Is there a way to measure it with out pulling the ball joints and everything els off?

Mon May 07, 2012 11:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You can get a "close-enough" measurement by putting your angle finder on top of the knuckle. Or bottom, whichever is easiest. Remove the tire and see what you can find for the most accurate angle, according to your ball joints.

Mon May 07, 2012 11:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

BCB has a "tool" that you can use with an angle finder. It would be pretty easy to make one too.
http://www.bcbroncos.com/store/product_ ... ts_id=1431

Mon May 07, 2012 12:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]