[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - J or T shift Danna 20
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 J or T shift Danna 20 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post J or T shift Danna 20
I have both a J and T shift danna 20 and I was wondering which one I should put in my rig. I plan to twin stick the one I choose, dont know if makes any difference. If anyone has some input that would be awesome.

Wed May 16, 2012 10:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: J or T shift Danna 20
T shift has lower gears. 2.43 compared to 2.34. I would run the t shift.

Wed May 16, 2012 11:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

crawlercreations is correct.

But to make the T-shift operate and give you Front drive only (I think, it has been a few years) you have pull it apart and pull the little "pills" out or grind them to allow the new shift stops. It isnt bad, especially if it is torn apart for a rebuild.

Wed May 16, 2012 12:43 pm
T is 2.46, J is 2.34.

J has better shift rail system. Easier to twinstick and better ball pockets.

Make a hybrid. Rebuild the J and use the T gears in it.

Wed May 16, 2012 1:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thats a good idea! Is that something you can also do when it comes time to have you rebuild my c-4?

Wed May 16, 2012 1:44 pm
Sure can.

Wed May 16, 2012 2:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome! Sounds like that's the best way to go.

Wed May 16, 2012 3:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup, what Viper said. It's the way I'd go if I didn't have 2 t-stick t-cases. Oh, and Viper, my inner 8 year old LOLed when you said "ball pockets".

Wed May 16, 2012 6:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds like you're getting the best of both worlds, but just to add my $.02, the T-shift has a 2-low in stock form. Seems it's hard to find, but when I has the stock Dana 20, I used that quite a lot. Not an issue if you're twin sticking...

Thu May 17, 2012 1:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I find my 2 low on most trail runs. I discover this when someone says "Hey moron, your front wheels aren't turning!"

Thu May 17, 2012 4:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu May 17, 2012 4:20 pm
I forgot to mention the J front output shaft is better than the T also. The T shaft tears up the end of the yoke and has that damn snap ring on it.

Thu May 17, 2012 9:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post J or T shift Danna 20
I'm doing the same thing. Have a T and a J and Viper is going to viperfrankenize them for me:)

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]