[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - HELP!!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 HELP!! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post HELP!!
I have a 73 bronco c4 auto 302 with under 2k miles. Yesturday it ran fine. Last night and today it cranks over 3xs the stop engine, now it just froze and no turn over. What could it be? Stuck in driveway!

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:07 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: HELP!!
Try and turn the motor by hang. Put a ratchet on the balancer bolt and make sure the engine turns. If it does replace the starter.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks ZOSO!

Thats got to be it. It turns but will have to wait til Tuesday to install since my son wants to help and he's in bed.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:12 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It turns, but I replaced the starter but still no turn over, battery good.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:46 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post HELP!!
Check the cables for corrosion, make sure all your grounds are good, clean, and tight, same with the battery terminals, does it click or make any noise when you crank it?

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would also try jumping the starter solenoid and see if that is the issue.

If you need a hand I am off 287 and Niwot and would be happy to help.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Check the neutral safety switch.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It clicks when I turn the key. I will check everything today when I get home.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:50 am
Profile YIM
Cables with visible corrosion are bad. Cables that are swollen and stiff near the ends are bad. That includes all the cables between the battery, starter and block.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So, I finally got back to this bronco, I changed the coil, starter, solenoid and all the cables. I get a click when I turn the key. Still can't get it to crank. The block turned but that's it. Anyone have any ideas.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:29 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would try giving the terminals a good cleaning with those brush things can't remember the name. Check the grounds after that.
After that check and see if the starter is getting power to rule that out even if it is new. Then start working your way back.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

X2 on battery connections.

If you have a volt meter you can measure the voltage of the battery. Anything less than 12.50 VDC is suspect and I would have the battery load tested at your local auto parts store. If you have 12.50 VDC or more at the battery terminals look for a bad/dirty connection.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

To rule out the battery & starter make a direct connection. If it turns over then start checking connections & components at either end of the system.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Battery may now be dead after sitting for 6 months.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've got a spare starter I know works. In fact, it was the one I put in when my old one died at your house. I'm available off and on on Monday. I've can bring my multimeter but no battery charger.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]