[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Shop recommendation in Longmont/North ?
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Shop recommendation in Longmont/North ? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Shop recommendation in Longmont/North ?
My '76 with a '96 is out of commission. My regular mechanic is blaming electrical, but he's not an expert on this swap, and doesn't really want to dive into it.

Any suggestions for a place that might be willing and able to help me out?

Thanks much!

Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Shop recommendation in Longmont/North ?
No idea on a shop, but im guessing someone here should be able to help. What's going on with it?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No throttle response. Starts and idles just fine. But any stepping on the gas results in either a stall or nothing at all.

Electric fuel pump seems OK (but I may replace anyway).

Vehicle is new to me. This just started. While I was on the top of the hill at Johnny Park on a shake down trip. At least I was able to idle out of that.

Engine is from a 96 F150, computer form same vehicle. Manifold off a car.

It throws all sorts of codes, of course. But there was some thought about the o2 sensor wiring. Not sure if they traced that yet or not.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am, by no stretch of the imagination, an EFI expert. However, there is one thing that is jumping out at me. A 96 F150 would be an OBD-II computer, and hopefully test port. And if that is the case, the great thing is if there happens to be someone up north that has a copy of AutoEnginuity (Zoso. Paging Zoso) they should be able to plug right in to your truck and tell you what's happening with it.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Yes if you are using the obd2 I could come by and give it a scan and see what's going on. I'd check your tps voltage. Let me know if it is obd2 and we can meet up.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We already ran codes. There are several, since tranny ain't the original, etc. But best guess right now is O2 sensor issues. Not certain I believe that. But I'm dragging it home from mechanics today, and will work on it a bit myself, then give up in frustration, and find a new mechanic.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 am

Fuel pressure good?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fuel pressure is fine.

It's actually using ODB I -- so the wiring isn't "correct" for the engine.

The shop is spending a few hours tracing some wires. Since it was running fine until I went on a bouncy road, the presumption is something disconnected. I just couldn't find it.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Whew! Found the problem. A ground wire bumped lose and was causing intermittent issues. Easy fix once you've finally found the issue! It's running pretty good now.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice, glad to hear it!

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]