[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - DIY Power Windows Redux
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 DIY Power Windows Redux 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post DIY Power Windows Redux
In case anyone's interested, I just finished converting my regulators to power-drive using the Taurus window motors... basically the conversion here:

Rather than hack the little brackets out of 1/4" steel with an angle grinder, I had a waterjet guy down here (the same guy I used for my dash panels) take my pattern and cut them on his waterjet out of 1/4" steel. I tapped the holes so the motor screws right into the bracket.

I also welded the brackets in place on the regulator rather than using rivets... seemed easier.

In any case, Gfab has the pattern now, so if anyone's interested I can have him cut a pair for you. They look a LOT nicer than anything I'd have hacked out of a chunk of steel. Just let me know and I can get you a quote, but I'd imagine $20 would get them to you if we can get a number at a time.

Tested them out with a battery charger set on jumpstart and they work great.

The motors are from an 86-95 Taurus, I just ordered the Cardone parts (82-306 and 82-307) at the link above for about $55 each from Amazon.

Here are some pics:

Ignore my crappy welding... it works for this application.

Add some power window switches (I used custom Carling Contura Vs that match my dash switches) and a few spools of wire and you have what BC charges $350 + your regulators for.

I'm working on making some Jeep-style wiring sleeves that'll be sewn to the check straps on my doors to carry the bundle of wires into the door... if I can find one with enough contacts, I want to have a WeatherPack disconnect under the dash so I can unplug, unhook my check straps and pull the doors off. I'm not a huge fan of the Jamb-Tac style contacts because I don't like the idea of opening the door and losing power locks, windows and audio (not to mention it isn't good for an amp to run un-hooked from the speakers).

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: DIY Power Windows Redux
What a nice feature! If I ever have hopes of my wife driving a bronco, this is something I'll need to add for her.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just really hate having to lean across the truck to roll the passenger window down.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 am
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome I like it! One more thing I need to do to mine

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like that idea. Might have to give it a try.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:57 pm

its on my list. would be nice to have that and I probably dont plan on taking the doors off. For that price its worth it.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Would you please post some pictures of you switches. This looks like a great upgrade.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

'81 Coachman Caper XL MH, 4WD, EFI 460/ZF/BW1356, D44/Sterling, 4.10s/35s, under const...
'83 Bronco, D60/Sterling, 5.13/ARBs, MAF EFI 351W/ZF/BW1356, 37" MT/Rs.
'12 Buggy, HPD60, Hi-9, 4.10s, Explorer 5.0, Atlas 4-speed, my chassis, EB skins.
And the latest project is a '99 Ranger Extra-Cab, custom frame/tube work, on 40s...

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]