[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Trouble with starting
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Trouble with starting 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Trouble with starting
So I drove the Bronco yesterday and when I got to where I was going, 4 hours later, it would not start. I was not getting any "clicking" sounds like it wanted to turn over. We tried push starting it and got nothing.

I have tested the battery voltage and voltage to the solenoid and both are getting 12.5V. Today, I went to try to start it and as soon as the ignition key gets to the ON position it starts trying to crank (it isn't letting me get to RUN before it tries to crank.) Any thoughts or ideas as to why it is doing this? My first thought is a bad ignition switch... but I have no idea.

-Eck

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Trouble with starting
Switch

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

x2, sounds like a switch. That's where I'd start, anyway.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ignition Switch has been ordered-- we will start there and hope that is all that it is... Thanks guys.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There are two critical switches on a Bronco as most of the wiring harness either goes through them or is functioned by them, you've got the one, the other is the headlight switch.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I followed some electical demons today and found that I had a bad connection at the firewall plug. I was able to fix that and now I am getting the continuous whine of it trying to crank over but it sounds like no spark. I have pulled the 1st spark plug and held it to a ground to see if I could get a spark and I did not see anything. I am not sure why all of the sudden this would happen (unless it is the worst coincidence/luck that while the firewall electrical connection was bad, the thing stopped getting power.)

Any ideas? Also-- just throwing this out there as a plea for some help if I can get it started in the next day. I live about a mile from the Bronco Breakfast location this weekend and would love anyone to come over and help me get my ride running again. PLEASE HELP!!

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]