[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Hydroboost Help
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Hydroboost Help 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Hydroboost Help
I want Hydro boost Brakes on my Bronco. I looked at the one WH makes, I know it can be installed cheaper.
My issue is I have a 351W with Lightning intake and it is really wide, plus I have the Exploder Power steering Pump and stock Steering Box.

I would like to buy all the parts new. I really don’t have good luck with used parts
I know I need a bracket to angle the Booster away from Upper Intake. That would have to be custom built, plus all the hoses to and from Booster.
I would like to stay with Ford parts maybe F250 Brake Booster do I also use Master cylinder from F250.
Plus where is a good place in Denver to get all hoses and Custom built bracket for booster.
I have disk in Front and drums in rear, with WH proportion valve.
I would like to just start by collecting all parts so I can convert Brakes in one weekend.

Thank you

Cofrmby )Colorado Farm Boy
469-215-0366

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Hydroboost Help
The angle bracket most use is the stock power brake booster bracket. I'd check with the usual Broncos vendors and see if it can be bought separate. Or maybe eBay or cb.com classifieds.

My guess is the f250 m/c reservoir is too tall, bit I don't know for sure.

The booster units are all made by bendix with different configurations.

I'm running a 99 mustang booster and m/c on the firewall, but will probably have to move it onto an angle bracket when I do a 351. If you use a mustang h booster you have to use the mustang m/c because it has a 'special' bolt pattern.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You didn't say what kind of tranny you're running, so if you're running an auto you can move the whole brake assy over to where the clutch pedal bolts up and install it there. I've done that on a couple rigs. In order to actuate the hydroboost, you can get creative with the pedal placement, get a differently angled pedal assy or even weld a bar between the brake and clutch pedals so you have the brake in it's "normal" position and can use the clutch pedal to brake modulate with the left foot wheeling.

If you're running a stick, then that's off the table. The issue with the "width" of the hydroboost is all about where the accumulator is in relation to the intake. Many of the hydroboost units can be rotated to clear the intake. Generally, it doesn't matter where it sits, nor where the hoses enter/exit. You may have to unbolt the unit and hold it in the right position to get it bled of air when first installed, but it won't matter after that.

Something like this, but rotate 180 degrees and turn the master up-side down.

So it looks like this:

As far as the rest of the hoses, etc... it's just parts. Take the components into the Parker Store and they can build you the right hoses and/or supply adapters.
HTH, Joe

'81 Coachman Caper XL MH, 4WD, EFI 460/ZF/BW1356, D44/Sterling, 4.10s/35s, under const...
'83 Bronco, D60/Sterling, 5.13/ARBs, MAF EFI 351W/ZF/BW1356, 37" MT/Rs.
'12 Buggy, HPD60, Hi-9, 4.10s, Explorer 5.0, Atlas 4-speed, my chassis, EB skins.
And the latest project is a '99 Ranger Extra-Cab, custom frame/tube work, on 40s...

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]