[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Engine "slope"
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Engine "slope" 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Engine "slope"
We need some advice:

As you can kind of see in the photo, in order to keep from having to modify the oil pan in Drew's 4.9L conversion, we are running out of room to lower it any more.

Right now, the front of the engine is about 1-1.5" higher than the rear. We can probably get another 1/2" and that is about it. Is this ok? Or should we consider raising the trans/t-case to level it more? Already have a 3.5" lift and will need at least a 1" - 2" BL in the end to clear the massively tall intake even under the cowl induction hood..

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Engine "slope"
I've got left overs on a 2" body lift, I may have all the blocks and a bunch of mounts, let me chk when I get hm. I'll think on the slope and answer when I've got something useful.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not sure about the slope, but given the need for a body lift raising the t-case would gain some breakover clearance. If you're not planning a taller lift, you might gain some benefit there without too much extra work or weird driveline angles.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1/4 per foot slope is not all that much, the pic looks pretty good, my motor slopes every bit of that or more. Only thing I would say is to mod the core support and push the motor back some, to fit your rad in there and could help a little with the intake and the cowl hood. I.e. into the taller part of the hood

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the info guys.

Keith - The core support is going away, full tube front end, mostly in there just for the pic. Also looks like the clutch fan is going away too, planning to use electric pusher fan(s) instead.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well I meant to say firewall, typing and driving are no-no's! Was thinking to move or alter the fire wall back a bit, slide motor back some... Maybe tilt tranny up a hair and this would bring the intake back and into the rise of the hood more. Possibly less body lift

Hard to say from a pic, but you might be able to save the core support , keep radiator location with elec. pusher in front of rad. I think it could be less work and or easier ( quicker) to do

That's all the technical terminology I can handle for today

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The slope would only be a few degrees, it would be like sitting on a very small hill. It is not ideal but should be fine with fuel injection. Just be sure it won't be a problem with the oil pick up. Could you push the tranny/diff up with the body lift?

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]