[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - cheap a$$ family cage
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 4:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 cheap a$$ family cage 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post cheap a$$ family cage
20130813_165451.jpg

Here is my combo slice of a 4 pt smittybilt rollbar and a 6pt smittybilt front cage (thx gunnibronco) into a passable family cage

20130813_173051.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: cheap a$$ family cage
Looks good. Glad its getting reused, and not cut up for other projects.

Did it fit well? Sit flat on the floor? Just wondering how whacked out my tub is.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Using my existing roll bar holes the front was above the floor by 3/4 to one inch

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That could be because I put it in after welding in new front floor pans. My body crossmembers (under the driver & passenger feet) were cracked & bent from the body mount out, on both sides. I used a jack, a BFH, angle iron, and a welder, to try to straighten them before putting the new floors in, but I bet they didn't go back in just right.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It actually worked out great for me since I tightened all the rear 4 legs first then cranked down the front and it closed the 1/4 inch extra gap I had at top of the door

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

HIX, I would love to see this up close and pick your brain some. I had a few ideas similar to this for the rear. Curious why you kept the original rear legs versus just building new stretchers on the top.

Adam

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The hoop would have been too close to the tailgate and the top would not have fit. You cant just slide the hoop forward to the rear of the wheelwell because of the filler tube box out on the driver's side.

I wanted to build this with no bending, just cutting and welding. Ill probably add spreaders on top at some point

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]