[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Mechanical Help needed
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Mechanical Help needed 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Mechanical Help needed
I am looking for some help to get the Bronco running again. I am not real sure what is wrong with it but I will run down what it is doing and what I have tried already.

Couple of weekends ago I took the Bronco out for some errands on a Saturday and it started right up and ran just fine. The next day, I attempted to start it and run some more errands and it wouldn't fire up. It sounds like it cranks but won't fire AT ALL. Usually I will at least get it to start to fire and then choke out before I get it completely fired up with a couple pumps of fuel.

I have tested the coil and have determined it is good. I have also used a spark plug tester on the plug in the front passenger side and was not getting anything. I have an old Duraspark ignition module and Phil Viperwolf1 has sent me the document to go through and test the module. I haven't done that yet because most of it takes two people.

So I am guessing the next step would be to test the distributor and ignition module as well the plugs. I am not real experienced with the mechanical troubleshooting and would love some help if anyone is willing. I will feed you well and attempt to make it worth your while and am always willing to pay it back when I can.

I am available this next week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and live in NE Denver Park Hill Neighborhood.

I know this may be a long shot as I have seen a lot of you guys are working pretty heavily on your own rigs, but if I can get mine running, I would be more than willing to be another set of hands on your rigs!

-Mike

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Mechanical Help needed
I would be more than willing to help out, it sure would be nice to have someone better to help out too. But regardless, I am ready and able to be the other set of hands. Tomorrow late afternoon/evening or any evening this week I can be there, just let me know.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can help on Monday, what time would work?

Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll get there earlier and we can start to sort it out, maybe even solve a problem or two before Phil shows, maybe...

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll be here any time after 10. Thanks for helping.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Many thanks to Kinder and Viperwolf1 for coming by today to help with Orenthal James. We were able to fix some PO major wiring FUBAR situations. Once we had those remedied, we were able to trace it back to a failing Duraspark Ignition Module. Phil had an extra that we plugged in and thar she blows-- fired right up. Starting looking into a few engine tuning issues and have determined to replace and rebuild a few things so Kirk will be stopping by in a couple days to help with those-- and then hopefully I will be road worthy again (long enough to make it to the next event).

I certainly would have not been able to get to this point without the help of these guys and I greatly appreciate the help. I also appreciate the willingness from HockeyDad4-22 to help out this week too. I am constantly amazed at the generousity and willingness of guys to help in the club. I hope that after the many things I have needed help with, I will be able to eventually pay it back.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Let us know what it was.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Excellent....she runs!

As always...Kirk and Phil to the rescue! Well done team!

Matt

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry I flaked on you - I went home from work early and crashed. Didn't move till the alarm went off this AM. Feel much better today. I am glad the A team showed up and helped solve many of the bronco's issues with you and she is running now!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad you guys got it fixed!

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Mechanical Help needed
I was!

Edit: wait a minute, are you saying BSD has too much junk in the trunk?

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]