[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Beadlock options
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Beadlock options 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Beadlock options
I have some things I want to do to my bronco over the next couple years. While wheels & tires are on the list, they are not real high up. But I thought it'd be fun to get some discussion going.

I have had some 15" Champion beadlocks that have held up marvelously over the past few years. If my tires weren't wore out, I'd probably keep them. But I am using this opportunity to step up to a 17" wheel and 37" tires. And I may want to get less back spacing to protect the hubs and get a wider stance.

So I wanted to see if there were some slick new products out that I haven't seen yet. I want to look deeply into inner air beadlocks because that opens the wheel options way up. And it's a double lock. While I haven't had the need for an inner bead lock, I wouldn't mind having the security. But since outer locks have served me so well, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping that setup, just in a larger size.

Players that I am interested in are Stazworks, Champion, Staun, Inner Air and any others that I have not heard of yet. Anything caught your fancy?

J.D.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Beadlock options
Check out the centerline ICE bead locks, they looked pretty awesome! Not cheap, and they're DOT approved, I think they're a double lock too, don't quote me on that, and centerlines have always been totally kickass race wheels

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool wheels, but wow, they're proud of them.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a great wheel, but I am not a fan of the styling. They look bomb proof tho!

On the side I found tho, I also found some other cool options.
Rock Monster & Method have some cool designs. KMC Enduro's are pretty sweet.

This is exactly what I was hoping from this thread. Keep it going!

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I always liked the look of the Spyder Locks from what was/is Poison Spyder... think they are still locally made as well.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

JD the other ones I was gonna suggest were the allied and or raceline bead locks, here's some on that awesome WJ we saw in the parking lot at Denny's I think, when we were leaving Moab Image

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A blast from the past bringing the thread back up. But I found some I really like.

http://www.badwheelsinc.com/Products_Wheels.htm

You get:
replaceable 1/2" thick Alum. rock ring
Quick Deflator
Protected locking mechanism.
On an HD "carcass" rated for 3,000lbs for a 5-lug setup.

You certainly pay for it all, but that's about the going rate for quality pieces. And these would be sweet!!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was really entertaining internal beadlocks and found.very little really positive feedback on them..really pita to mount easy to pinch have to penetrate the rim for a Schrader type valve.. benefits double bead uber low psi in tire...

If I could buy any for the money spyderlocks...those are freaky strong look awesome light weight and priced good.. im going to do diy beadlocks custom center :-)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Huh, they are $360 each, where the BAD's are $369, but that does not include the Rock Ring @ $89! And Spyderlocks are buy 4 get one free...

My only complaint about them is how common they are. I wheel a bronco and not a jeep for that very reason. Ok, that's one of the big reasons.

I have been meaning to ask you Trei, was the effort to retain the 5 on 5.5" lug pattern on your new axles worth it? Would you do it again? I just don't want to but awesome new beadlocks to go to 1-tons later and need new wheels again.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The ending cost 600-700. Y Yes I would do it that way again the wheel.support for 5 5.5 is alot more and a little cheaper. The hubs are way stronger and well I like the 9" so yeah

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]