[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Need to regear my Excursion Ne volunteers
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Need to regear my Excursion Ne volunteers 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Need to regear my Excursion Ne volunteers
Anyone have the knowhow and desire to help?
Or a non rapish shop?
looking for 4.10's as well if anyone has anything laying around.
D50 front and sterling 10.5 rear
possibly throw a trutrac in the rear too.

Mileage has been sucking for years while towing and I might be headed to california next spring with an empty car hauler and coming back loaded and would like to get the best mileage I can.
3.73 with 35" tires isnt optimal.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Need to regear my Excursion Ne volunteers
Last year there was a guy in Parker advertising on craigslist for Super Duty regears/rebuilds for 1k-2k, all inclusive. Wish I had saved his info, a telephone number at a minimum. But, I just looked in my "people to talk to one day" folder and realized I did not.

All of that being said, I am also interested in regearing to either 4:11 or 4:56 in my F250.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think I saw the guy you speak of, uses Yukon gears $950 front and rear, another $400 gets full rebuild I think.

this guy?
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/4041710441.html

anyone have any first hand experience?
of course he charges more for a D50..not sure why?? maybe I will give him a call.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That would be the one.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Since you're swapping gears let's put a D60 up front that already has the gears in it and you'll just need to do the rear.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:34 pm

I wonder if he would work us all a deal. I'd like to go 4.10's in my 250 also.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ask Trei if he was happy with my cousin. Not sure what kind of deal they worked out, but he's an ASE certified mechanic. Some of you have wheeled with him (Green XJ). I can pm his number if you're interested. Not sure what his schedule allows.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a call in to the guy in Parker and will chat him up and see if hed work a deal for multiple trucks.
Also Talked with Bill at Western Drivetrain in Aurora, nice guy seems to know his stuff. I said I was thinking 4.10 and he said i would be better served by 4.30. (guess our orig thought may have been right Kirk)
I mentioned the extra rpm at speed and he said it would be a diff of just under 100rpm between 4.10 and 4.30.
I guess if the day came where I wanted to pull heavy again I might be glad for the .20 difference, climbing Vail pass when getting cut of by a fat bastage in a miata.
anyone have any personal experience in a SD Ford running these different gears? or are we all running 3.73 on bigger tires?
He is going to get back with me on a price, using Ford gears and also checking on adding a trutrac to the rear.
I will update with info as I get it for those interested.

Do you F250 guys have the D60 up front? I think the X got the 50 and the trucks the 60????
JM: Ask your cousin if hed be interested, might get 3 trucks if it worked out, and if so shoot me his info and I will try and call him and see what he has to say.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm not exactly sure how the D50/D60 split went. I know I was talking with RJLougee a while back and he assumed my 250 had a D50. I did confirm it as a D60 off the BOM on the tube. So, maybe there were a few years that had D50s and a few that had D60s? I think, IIRC, the SDs between 99-02 were D50 trucks and the 03-later were D60s. I have no way to confirm that though.

The Terrible One

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Need to regear my Excursion Ne volunteers
Zach i believe that info is correct, even my dads 99' f350 had a d50 in the front IFIRC, in the not of my dad, I'm sure he'd be willing to do the gear setup for you, and I can assure you it'll be done right, he's very good and quick with gears and has a ton of SD experience considering he was a senior master ford tech for years! If anybody wants ill inquire about it, he's located in the springs and I can put you in contact with him

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:38 pm

I wont be able to do it soon. But it is something that has been on my mind. My 250 has the d50 up front. As for towing I do know just from 3.73's in my truck to the 4.10's in my bro in laws is a big change. Even with both of us running 285's.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]