[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Why won't my stinger lift ?
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Why won't my stinger lift ? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Why won't my stinger lift ?
So I have been having fun using my (new to me) Meyer snow plow.

The pump leaks a little but seems to work pretty good when it is warm out.

Last couple of days as the temps have dropped, not so much.

Yesterday I had to cycle it up and down and side to side a few times to get it to function consistently. I assume that doing this warmed the Meyer approved hydrualic oil up enough for sufficient flow.

Today it is even colder and I couldn't get the stinger to lift the plow off the ground even after making sure it was no longer frozen in place.

I could get it to move side to side a couple times but then it quit doing that.

So, is my flow not laminar enough or is my flow just to turbulent (calling Justin !) or should I just rebuild this sumbitch and see what happens ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Why won't my stinger lift ?
Here's the fix, it comes with two spare pumps too.

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/4285498341.html

You may have cracked the seals from being both old and cold or they are deformed. I strongly recommend a rebuild for the pump.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wouldn't hurt to throw some seals in your rams too.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Maybe it leaked too much.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ordered master rebuild kit for the pump and gotta find the cylender seals now

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Rocket Seals in Denver is were we get some of our cylinder reseal kits.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Still waiting for a reply from Shawn on those dip stick zip ties..... just sayin.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hate being so predickable.

It has been difficult not responding to all you guys talking about "ram"ing your "hoses" and breaking your "seals". But make sure you pull out your "dipstick" and check the "leakage". I'm surprised nobody has suggested any shrinkage in this cold weather or the right kind of lubricant. Maybe, just maybe if you drop a couple of those little blue pills Angie gives you into the pump, your stinger will lift.

....oh....that's better.

Last edited by Gregg on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's only cold in far northern CO. Sunny and warm down here.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

some how cured itself not that it is warmer

I don't get it

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pull the motor off and check / clean the inlet screen when they get dirty they don't like to work

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:41 pm

our old plow truck at work is the same way when its cold. The fluid might have a little moisture in it so it's freezing.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]