[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - bought a fuel injected 5.0?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 bought a fuel injected 5.0? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post bought a fuel injected 5.0?
So at the tri state i found a fuel injected 5.0 out of a 94 F-150, well it followed me home so know I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to need to make this engine work.
I already have a duffs 23 gallon Fuel Injection tank. So not worried there.
Can i re-use my old flywheel 28oz Or do i have to buy a 50oz flywheel?
Can i still use my new clutch 11"?
Will my motor mounts swap between blocks?
Will my stock radiator work for a while tll i can buy a new one?
The motor did not come with a computer any ideas on where to get one? like a stand a lone harness?
What emissions crap can i take off thing thing?

Thanks Matt.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: bought a fuel injected 5.0?
Can i re-use my old flywheel 28oz Or do i have to buy a 50oz flywheel?

I'm pretty sure you need a new flywheel. I'll let someone else speak up who knows for sure.

Will my motor mounts swap between blocks?

Motor mounts are the same, but you'll need a clutch linkage adapter. The new block doesn't have the bosses to thread the linkage to.
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/EF ... on_Bracket

Will my stock radiator work for a while tll i can buy a new one?

Should, use a upper radiator hose from a 69 Pontiac GTO w/400 motor.

The motor did not come with a computer any ideas on where to get one?
Look at companies like Auto Zone and buy a rebuilt ECU. You can send them any ECU for a core. I sent in a speed density ECU from a Lincoln or something I picked up in a yard

like a stand a lone harness?
RJM, or similar. I think Ron Francis is selling RJM now.

You are going to need an upper & lower from a 5.0 Mustang or Explorer, and probably a MAF sensor, at least. I think the 94 trucks were still speed denisty.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

http://oldfuelinjection.com/

That'll have just about everything you need to know for the fuel injection swap.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

'94-'95 truck EFI wiring is the same (or very close) as '94-'95 mustang wiring. It's mass air, sequential and has 19lb injectors. What this means is you can't plug in a '89-'93 mustang computer/MAF unless you change the harness. However, you can use a '94-'95 mustang computer if you swap in the '94-'95 mustang MAF.

http://www.oldfuelinjection.com/truckpinouts.html
http://www.oldfuelinjection.com/5.0Lpinouts.html

Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys!
Gunnibronco, what do you mean when you say upper and lower from a mustang or an explorer?

Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

He's referring to the upper and lower intake manifolds.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Old fuelinjection.com isn't working giving me a domain error. Also why do i have to replace the upper and lower intake manifolds? clearance issue with hood? I plan on buying the ron francis harness to make thing's easier. Does the ecu that i use need to come out of a 94 150?

Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Seems like the guy who operated that site must be getting out of the business. He used to sell harnesses & stuff, but seems to have disappeared over the last couple years.

The truck intake manifold is way to tall to fit under the hood. Mustang & Explorer intakes perform better too, Explorers performing the best.

You want an ECU from an 89-93 Mustang (there are some others that work from some 5.0 Lincolns or Grand Marquis, just not as desirable). You'll want an ECU from a car with the same type trans (auto or manual).

Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

why do i need to get a ecu out of a 89-93 mustang? whats so great about those years for my motor?

Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mustang ECUs (and a couple others) are for Mass Air Metering. Most the other vehicles are Speed Density systems. Mass Air systems actually measure the air flow entering the motor & adjust everything accordingly. Speed Density systems calculate the amount of air entering the motor based on other sensors. Many (not sure if all) SD systems are batch fire injection, firing one entire bank of injectors at a time, the Mass Air system sends fuel to each cylinder indivdually. Mass Air systems are more tolerant of modifications. Speed Density systems can be done, but most are doing the Mass Air. There may be more reasons, I'm not sure.

The "newest" system is using a 96-200? 5.0 Explorer ECU & harness. The advantage is a more accurate timing system that can be adjusted on the fly by the ECU. It uses a cam position sensor instead of a dizzy, and uses coil packs, instead of an old school coil.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thank you.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post bought a fuel injected 5.0?
I believe speed density is based on static tables from the factory. They are not very tolerant of tweaks and upgrades. Mass air has the ability to change as needed depending on the conditions and sensors but to a point. At least that's my understanding.

Last edited by landshark on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Your understand is a good explanation.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

http://web.archive.org/web/*/oldfuelinjection.com

Hope it works.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Please see attached .pdfs. Enjoy!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]