[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 351 EFI swap is a go.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 351 EFI swap is a go. 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 351 EFI swap is a go.
Here we go, this is way above my level, but I am going to give it a go. Here is the plan:
94 roller 351
Gt40 heads
Lightning lower intake
Explorer upper intake
Explorer ecu
Coil set up

That's the very basics I know there is a lot to it. I have been following a couple of builds on classic broncos and I am copying them. Wish me luck. Here is a pic of my new old 351 that I just bought.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Tue May 13, 2014 12:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 351 EFI swap is a go.
Woohoo!

Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Still searching for the "LIKE" button thumbs up

Tue May 13, 2014 1:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Following with much interest

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue May 13, 2014 3:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll be watching. Good luck, sounds like a great set up! I've got everything ready for a 351, just need time & money for a rebuild.

Tue May 13, 2014 5:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Didn't do quite the swap you are planning, but if you've got any questions, I just went through this. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Tue May 13, 2014 5:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool!

Since you're in Thornton, feel free to drop by if you need to measure anything or check clearances before installing. I have a '94 351W roller as well.

I'm at 128th and Quebec.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Tue May 13, 2014 8:51 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Awesome!

Tue May 13, 2014 9:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Definitely following this one. Your engine setup is exactly what I want to go to at some point. Unless Kirk finds a magic way to quiet down his 4bt, then I want that.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed May 14, 2014 6:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Digger I am also at 128 and Quebec. I am surprised I have never run into you.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Wed May 14, 2014 10:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This will be a slow process, but I will keep this thread up to date.

Wed May 14, 2014 10:51 am

Hey i drive right by 128th n quebec a lot.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed May 14, 2014 7:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been reading about the explorer cam sensor. What is the advantage of using the coils. Can I use a 96 or new distributor with obd2 with an explorer ecu? If you can it seems easier rather then getting a collar fabricated for the cam sensor and figuring out how to hold the thing down. I am going to the junkyard soon so I want to figure out exactly what to pull.

Thu May 15, 2014 3:06 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

There is no way to run a distributor and have the PCM control it with the Explorer PCM. The coil pack setup is a hotter spark, more reliable, and more accurate than a typical distributor. The only downside is the need to fabricate the collar for a 351.

I do have some detailed blue prints to make one, which can probably just be done on any lathe. I was quoted $100 each to have them made unless I purchased a bunch of them. A few guys have had them made for around $75. Recent discussions lead me to believe that someone else may start selling them on CB in the $50 range. So, they may even hit production before your engine is done.

Thu May 15, 2014 6:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That answers that question. When I go to the yard I will get the coil setup. Thanks

Thu May 15, 2014 6:13 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

I would hold off on purchasing coil packs for now as well. I may have a better solution than the Explorer coil packs, but I want to get some more testing miles on them before I give anyone the green light to run them. I would try to find the 3.8 cam sensor while you're there though.

Thu May 15, 2014 7:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will look for one. Thanks

Thu May 15, 2014 7:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just bought a gt40 lower from a lightning off of ebay. These are getting hard to find.

Tue May 27, 2014 7:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice. I stashed one away a couple years ago.

Tue May 27, 2014 7:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 27, 2014 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue May 27, 2014 8:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would be in let me know

Tue May 27, 2014 9:04 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

I want 2 for myself as well. So I'll check to see if the original designer ever decided to have a batch ran off or not. If not, let's see what your guy says. I can get them for a decent price, but only if I buy 50 of em.

Tue May 27, 2014 9:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

+4 for me.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue May 27, 2014 10:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Maybe he could make the tall hold-down clamp too ?

Wed May 28, 2014 4:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd be in for one as well.

Wed May 28, 2014 7:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ok i just need the detailed schematics and i can run them over during lunch one day.

Wed May 28, 2014 8:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can also ask Mike (777mech) he has that spiffy new mill he's playing with.

Wed May 28, 2014 4:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Heads up. I have a couple being cranked out now. If they pass the muster for EFI GUY were in like flynn for cheap!

Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next