[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Woe is me
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Woe is me 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Woe is me
Started smelling some coolant about a week or two ago and thought that maybe my heater core was going out. Driving this morning and started smelling it again and was stopped at a light. Saw some steam coming from under the hood and pulled over to check it out. Radiator is leaking.
So I have a aluminum radiator about two years old and maybe a 3k miles. Anybody know anyone that could repair a aluminum radiator or have one for cheap for sale. This radiator thing is getting ridiculous.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Woe is me
Damn your luck

I don't think aluminum radiators are repairable.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a radiator or two in the garage. I could part with one if you can come down and get it. Neither are perfect but I don't believe either leaks.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Dan, it'll give me a reason to go see my dad.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Where is the leak? Surely if there is a leak in the tank, that can be repaired with a good TIG welder.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:11 am

You need to strengthen the core support. Its probably been moving/twisting causing the aluminum to fatigue.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

On the bright side you noticed it and shut it down before any major damage to the motor. Silver linings and all that!

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just to be clear mine is not aluminum. Just don't want you to head down only to be disappointed.

Let me know when you are heading down and we can figure out timing.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Has anybody ever grounded their radiator?

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've got a spare stock radiator laying around as well, let me know if you need it.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How did you ground it? I have been reading about anodes in the tank and was wondering if there is another way as well.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have the aluminum one grounded as well in my 69. Running a wire from the core to the top lip.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Galvanic chart, now you've peaked my interest. I added a galvanized tube to my coolant system when I installed the 4BT. I've read that it'll help stop electrolysis eating the coolant passages into the cylinder walls.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So a quick update. The place I got my radiator from said that they would warranty it. They ordered it about 4 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my new one. Just do not know what to do at this point. Just run or continue to wait.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]