[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Disk/drum brakes with disk/disk master
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Disk/drum brakes with disk/disk master 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Disk/drum brakes with disk/disk master
This is going to sound stupid.

I've been running a 99 Mustang GT hydroboost & master cylinder on disk/drums for YEARS. On both my stock width & full width axles.

I know this isn't exactly right. I think I've read I might be lacking rear brakes because there isn't a check valve or something that would keep the rear cylinders "pumped up" between uses. I think I even read it can cause the cylinder to retract & the rear brakes can fail completely.

Since I pulled my frame mounted rear brake line, and have drained the system of fluid, I'd like to fix this now. I hate bleeding brakes, and my hatred prevents me from modifying any part of the brake system, unless absolutely necessary. So now is the time.

Can someone tell me what I need to add to the system to get it right?

Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Disk/drum brakes with disk/disk master
You are talking about the residual pressure valve. Most new masters don't have them even for drum/drum setups.

I am right there with you on the hatred of bleeding brakes. I have everything to do the rear swap to Explorer discs but haven't for that very reason.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just realized you might be needing a proportion valve to adjust the bias as well. Not sure if you are locking up the rears before the fronts.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:50 am

drums require a 10psi residual valve to keep the cylinders from collapsing. disc's use 2psi or less. You can pick them up pretty cheap. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-2 ... /overview/

Be forewarned that with this you will need the adjustable proportioning valve.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Rob,

I'll leave the prop valve in.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This makes bleeding brakes easy.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think I got one for $25.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I used one of those when I bled the 69 I flipped. It did go pretty well, still finished the job the 'old fashioned way' (with a helper).

Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 16, 2016 11:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]