[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Trail Recovery Training - Saturday, June 8th
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Trail Recovery Training - Saturday, June 8th 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Trail Recovery Training - Saturday, June 8th
We have scheduled Matt Balazs, with , to facilitate an all-day Recovery Course for our group of Bronco enthusiasts.

Here are the specifics;

Day: Saturday, June 8th, 2019
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Where: 7858 Kelty Trail, Franktown, CO (Scott's place)
Cost: $75 (If this is what keeps you from coming, please let me know and we will find a workaround).

There will be Hamburgers and Hot Dogs/Brats provided for lunch.

You will need to bring: Folding chair, drinks for yourself, 1 "side" enough to serve 4 people. (like a bag of chips, or cookies, or whatever you like with burgers/dogs). You do NOT need to be in your Bronco, but if you want to bring your recovery gear Matt will take a look at it for you and give you some input/ideas. He found my winch was spooled incorrectly, which severely hindered the serviceability.

Matt is one of less than 100 International 4 Wheel Drive Trainers Association Certified trainers worldwide, and we are lucky to have him here in our area. He does all the training for the CO 4x4 Rescue and Recovery organization, along with many others.

If there is something specific you would like covered, please let me know and Matt will accommodate.

I think you will all enjoy the course, and will definitely help us all as we go into the wheeling season.

PLEASE RESERVE YOUR SPACE BY SENDING ME YOUR NAME, PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL TO SCOTT@BARNES5.COM

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Post Re: Trail Recovery Training - Saturday, June 8th
email sent

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Replied to your PM. Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks again!

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

OK Folks -- Registration for this event is CLOSED. If you would like to be on a waiting list in case someone cancels, please shoot me an email.

The good news is that the registration fee has dropped to $65 due to the large number of attendees!! I will be sending out emails later this week with more details to to all those who are registered. Looking forward to spending the day with you guys. Scott

Here is the attendee list. Please let me know if I've missed someone, or added someone I shouldn't have.

NAME
Steve Santa Cruz
Kirk Inderbitzen (Kinder)
Miguel Salcido
Chris Greenwood (LandShark)
Mike Root (NascarMike)
Jeff Warn (Rock Crusher)
Rob Bent (Zoso)
Brian Finney
Mike Eckenwiler (Eck)
John Hedrick (D&D72)
Jason Naughtin (Toolman)
Robert Richey (Bobs 2 68's)
Colin Wichers (Cw72)
Dave Wixom  (ManTruck)
Matt Baumann
Tim Harendt (BroncoRaider)
Alex Shultz

Last edited by ScottBarnes on Tue May 14, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't need to go to this if I just wheel with at least one of you guys.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Depending on the condition the Baja race bronco comes back in-- we can put it on its side and learn techniques of flipping back over a rollover! Of course I am hoping that is not the case, haha...

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Last edited by ScottBarnes on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I love this kind of stuff, looking forward to it

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm interested, but not sure yet what that weekend holds. When do you need final word by?

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've had one drop, so I thought I would get this back in front of everyone. I've had about 1/2 confirm with payment, so if your plans have changed please let me know ASAP. I'll be going shopping for burgers/brats, etc next week and would like to have a firm headcount. I'm also attending the Advanced Recovery Course this weekend, so if there are things that I think this group would benefit from I'll make sure Matt adds it for our class.

Looking forward to seen you all.

Scott

Tue May 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 14, 2019 4:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 14, 2019 4:34 pm

If we end up with an empty slot I'll bring my dad. I know he was interested somewhat.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed May 15, 2019 8:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

just sent payment

may have a conflict so if I am unable to attend somebody can go in my place

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon May 20, 2019 7:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 20, 2019 7:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking forward to this class. Have watched several questionable recoveries over the years so will be good to attend this class to learn the proper techniques.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Thu May 23, 2019 7:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 23, 2019 7:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

OK everyone — we have a great group lined up and it should be a fun day.

I did have 2 last minute cancellations and I want to make sure there is not someone who would like to go, but just can’t justify the $65. It’s OK! Come on and join us. Like most things, I’ve “over done it” when I bought groceries, so there will be plenty.

ALL I need you to do is shoot me an email at scott@barnes5.com to let me know you’re coming, and I’ll send you the logistics. No one needs to know who paid/didn’t.

Hope to see you guys tomorrow! Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you sent me a message thru the forums about attending and wondered why I haven’t responded, PLEASE email me. Apparently there is something wrong the messaging system and my replies aren’t getting sent. My email is scott@barnes5.com. Or txt/call 972-816-1108.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Id like to Thank Scott again for hosting and arranging the recovery class thumbs up

I really didn’t know what to expect but needless to say today exceeded my expectation and was by far the most informative introduction to some basic recovery equipment and how they work along with the proper way to use them! Matts a great instructor and imo this “entry level” training is a must have for everyone wanting to get into 4x4 trail riding.
I highly recommend taking this courses

Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Scott thank you again for hosting this class. Now I am thinking of a winch for the 1/2 cab and more parts for my high lift.
Thank you again

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I agree with you fellows on this class. It should be attended by everyone that wants to go off road. Even those of us that have done it for years learned a thing of two about what equipment to get and how to really use it (like using a Hi Lift the right way). Thank Scott for putting this together. I bet there are a bunch of guys thinking of the next class.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:24 am

I’d like to send a GREAT THANKS to Scott Barnes for hosting yesterday. Very informative, and a very fun get together!!

Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad you guys could make it out and found it useful! Always a good day when a bunch of Bronco folks get together! Image

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So was Monday an expensive day as we thought it might be after the class Saturday?

Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next