[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Texas Broncos in Colorado Again!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Texas Broncos in Colorado Again! 

Post Texas Broncos in Colorado Again!
The Texas Broncos from the Lonestar Early Bronco Club had such a good time last year in Ouray we're coming back to to Colorado again this year! This time we're going to Buena Vista. I know y'all had a BV trip last year but I have not seen anything posted for BV this year, and, again, we are not trying to step on any CCB toes! We've limited the registrations to 30 Broncos to keep the event low-key and manageable but there are a few spots left if any of you would like to join us. It will be staged out of the Mt Princeton RV Park in BV from July 22 to 26 which is a Monday thru Friday. (We need the weekends to travel from and to Texas!) Organized trail rides will be held on Mon, Tue, Thur and Fri. Wednesday will be an open day to wheel on your own, or sight see, or go rafting! We have reservations for group rafting on the Arkansas River through Brown's Canyon.

If you are interested in attending there is more information on the LEBC website here: http://lebc.clubexpress.com/content.asp ... _id=280231

Again, just a few spots are left. If you want to go on the group rafting trip let me know asap so I can add you to the reservation. Any questions let me know!

Gary

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Texas Broncos in Colorado Again!
Hello Gary I was with you and the group last year and it was an awesome time. I am looking forward to spending time with old and new friends again this year. The wheeling, laughs and good times will be great again I am sure. See you and others soon.

Canon City, Co

Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Texas Broncos in Colorado Again!
Would love to come up and join for a day or two, I will have to see if I can swing it.

I know you probably already know this but our snow pack is pretty high. I believe tin cup pass had a debris slide and is under a tremendous amount of snow toward tree line. I haven’t seen the latest report but they were saying it will not be passible this year.

Alpine tunnel - the road to alpine tunnel collapsed over the winter last year and was closed, don’t know if they made that road accessible.

In any case you guys will have a blast, there are so many options and the scenery is fantastic. keep checking with BLM as it gets closer for trail status.

Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We'll see you again for a day or two this year Gary.

If ya'll plan to do some trail pre-running, let me know. I'm pretty much off work until 10 July.
Joe

'81 Coachman Caper XL MH, 4WD, EFI 460/ZF/BW1356, D44/Sterling, 4.10s/35s, under const...
'83 Bronco, D60/Sterling, 5.13/ARBs, MAF EFI 351W/ZF/BW1356, 37" MT/Rs.
'12 Buggy, HPD60, Hi-9, 4.10s, Explorer 5.0, Atlas 4-speed, my chassis, EB skins.
And the latest project is a '99 Ranger Extra-Cab, custom frame/tube work, on 40s...

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds like a great time! Wish I was closer to partake! I think BV makes for a great basecamp!

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:19 pm

Dave, Joe, Looking forward to seeing y'all again! No plan at this time to pre-run. I've got a Rubicon trip planned for the week prior!!

Landshark, hope you can join us for a day or 2 - you're welcome anytime. We are keeping a close watch on the snow melt and trail openings. I'm currently at our cabin in Cuchara and the river is running very high this year and there is still lots of snow on the peaks! Chinaman's is open all year so should be OK. On Holy Cross I am worried about crossing French Creek though!!

Jesus_man, yeah BV seems like a good central location for the area trails. I'm looking forward to the Brown's Canyon rafting trip!

We've had a couple folks drop out recently so there are now a about 5 openings for registration. If anyone would like to join us for only a day or 2, no need to sign up. Just meet at the Mt Princeton RV Park at 9:00 any day and ask for Gary or Bill.

Gary

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Hey Gary,

I’d like to come by for a few days as well, will be nice to catch up with you again. Working on which days would be best for me and I’ll post up.

Colin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:16 pm

I wont be able to make it, but try Jan's for.breakfast in town. Awesome little restaurant and great staff. The owner Jan is usually there every morning. (I go to BV every year for hunting) and know a few of the locals if you guys run into trouble.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

Colin, it will be great to catch up! We’ve all come a long ways since we met at Sears! LOL

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like I might be able to come up for Tuesday's run and I will stay the night at a friends cabin that night. I might come up Monday evening or meet at Chinamen Gulch trailhead

Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]