[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Rubicon Trail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Rubicon Trail 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Rubicon Trail
I want to do the rubicon trail before it too closes or gets shortened any more.

After some discussion, i am going to set August 22 -24 for the dates to run the Rubicon, that leaves two days before and two days after to travel to and from California.

The 22nd is a Saturday so theoretically if you left Denver on the evening of the 20th you could make it to the trail head by Saturday morning. I am giving us three days to run it as frankly I want to enjoy it :)

Anyway, wanted to get the dates set so that we can work on the logistics/trail run itself.

Last edited by landshark on Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:29 pm

Post Re: Rubicon Trail
following.... Im interested.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Definitely on my bucket list.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lifelong dream! I want to be there even if I am riding shotgun in someone else's rig. It's hard to get my bronco ready from so far away.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Count me in, I will plan to block out time.

Last edited by pgilbeau on Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds like a good trip. I'll plan on it.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Way in. That's a bucket list trail for me.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:12 pm

If I remember right Chad said he has room for trucks n trailers. I would likely trailer out if there is a secure spot for truck n trailer parking. Guess I'll make my list of needs to have done by then and get busy.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:26 am

Count me in on this trail for sure!

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm interested, but have previously committed to golf Bandon Dunes in 2020. Our golf trip is usually in September. We'll just have to see!

Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I’d love to go, I’ll plan on it and try to work my schedule (and the boy’s schedule) to make it happen.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Also a bucket list trail for me. We will be moving a year from now, so depending on where, I might be able to join?? I would most likely be trailering mine as well.

Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:52 am

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yep. So ready to be done with IL!! Hoping we get to go WEST! Should know more in a few months. Uncle Sam isn't know for being the most organized.

And for the record - Moving every four years pretty much sucks! There are some nice things about seeing new parts of the country, and sometimes we really enjoy a location. But the mountains of boxes that never seem to ever get unpacked is always overwhelming.

Anyway - Rubicon trail!!!

Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the offer Chad, your just outside Carson city correct? I used to live in south lake for a while and remember it not being too far.

I will start to pull some info together and get it up on the main post, including a solid date.

It would be great to have a solid crew from Colorado. I have no issues with non-broncos running it with us either.

I know there is a 360 google street view of the entire trail as well if people want to get a preview of it.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I’m sure there is info out there about minimum rig requirements, anyone know of an up to date source? I’m wondering about minimum tire size, body protection / sliders and traction aids like limited slip or lockers.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I believe there is a Bronco club in Sacramento Ca. That was posting a Rubicon run might jet some help from them.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:12 pm

add proper skid plates also.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:28 pm

I’m in, I know a guy in Reno that runs the trail often, he may be good to have along.

I’ll drive both ways as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I ran it 4 yrs ago. 35's with arbs, sliders, and bumpers. Never winched. Did tag the grille by the headlight on the way out on cadaliac hill (only damage from the trip). Also trail condition is greatly different depending on how recent Jeep jamboree has been through. They stack rocks like crazy to get stock Jeeps through.

There are bypasses to harder obstacles however think of even the "easy" part as being in the spring Creek rock garden for 2 days straight. It really is an amazing trip and definitely one of the best wheeling trips I've ever been on.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if I can answer questions you all may have.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I better start getting ready

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here are highlights from the newsletter the local club just sent out regarding their upcoming trip on the Rubicon. They do this every summer, many members run it more than once a year, so they are a great source of info. They are starting at the Loon Lake end of the trail and ending at Tahoma. I don't know why they choose this route, but I will get more information about that. Loon Lake is about 90 miles from my home and about 2 hours drive according to Google.

Information:
I'm requesting you and your vehicle be prepared to run this trail with experience on difficult trails and know your vehicles capabilities, this is a difficult trail that will test your skill if you have never been on the Rubicon Trail. If you are unsure and have questions feel free to ask, I will leave my contact info below.
That being said have food & drinks for 3 days and 2 nights, your camp gear, recovery gear & tools specific to your rig, spare fluids, tow straps, spare tire, spare parts, skid plates etc, this will make this more enjoyable if unfortunate happens which it does on a trail like this knowing your vehicles limits are key.
Good ground clearance, differential lockers, and tire size play a roll in how hard or moderate the trail can be. I would recommend a minimum of 33" tires with at least one diff locker but two is better, and vehicle armor protection to keep vehicle damage to a minimum. The Rubicon Trail is also pack it in pack it out trail that means everything, there are bathrooms occasionally on the trail in places but a portable toilet is a good idea and thing to have with waste bags.

http://rubiconsprings.com/rubicon-trail-map/

Plan on Trail:
Day 1, so after we air down at Loon Lake we will make our way down towards "Steaks & Stories" near or around the Beer Tree and check things out in Granite Bowl area. The plan is to camp near or at Buck Island Lake area on day one depending on how busy it is, which is probably very likely with events like "Steaks and Stories" going on and the "Rubithon" is also coming to a end that weekend which most of them will be heading out Sunday.

Day 2, is to head to Rubicon Springs and camp and enjoy the area. Rubicon Springs does require a overnight per vehicle camp fee of , I can't remember exactly but it is like $10 or $12 per night. I will find out!
There is a slight possibility of camping there 2 nights if Buck Island area is packed or somewhere near there.

Day 3, Pack up camp and go up Cadillac Hill and make our way to Observation Point then to Tahoma, Ca.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm game. Sounds like it could be a fun trip. I would prefer to trailer there too.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I went to the Sierra Stompers meeting last week and talked with a couple guys very familiar with the Rubicon. They said there will certainly be people interested in coming on the trip with our club. There is also a member who recently moved here from Englewood and his friends might come out for a Rubicon run. We mentioned coordinating weekends, but who knows.

The only other thing worth posting is the reason they run from Loon Lake to Tahoma, instead of the other way around. They said it makes the trip home shorter at the end of the trail. This makes it an easier drive if someone is damaged or has to get a trailer to get home. Otherwise either direction is fine.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Any chance this can happen before school starts?

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next