[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - RUBICON 2021
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 RUBICON 2021 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post RUBICON 2021
July 12 - 16 2021

We are looking for another 3 - 4 capable and experienced rigs to join us for this trip. Capable means at least 33” tall tires (taller definitely better), suspension lift, recovery points, locker(s), and winch highly recommended.

The general plan is to get on the trail Monday the 12th and take a very relaxing and flexible approach so that we can finish no later than Friday. This trip is about a laid back experience not trying to set any land speed records.

Me personally, I will be leaving Denver Thursday night or Friday morning with my boys, staying the night somewhere on the way over. We will head back Saturday morning. So if you want to caravan I’m up for that.

Participants so far;
Gunnibronco - Chad
Some random Jeep dude that Chad found to show us the way
Moab Mike - Mike
Rox Crusher - Jeff

If you can join us please post up in this thread.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: RUBICON 2021
I really want to do this trip. I’ll start looking at my schedule and let you know for sure soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:41 pm

Sadly I dont see this happening for me at this time. This year looks to keep me limited to supercel west and right now that may even be a maybe.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This is a bucket list trail for me and I would really like to do it. I am going to have to check my schedule and see if I can. Which side are you planning to start from?

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Have to look at schedule, I want to run this trail bad. I was truly disappointed when the last one was canceled. I just recieved a promotion which may make getting time off hard.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This one isn’t getting cancelled

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm working a newish job that is preventing me from getting much done on my truck. I won't miss the trail run, but working 10 to 12 hour days, 5 or 6 days a week, my rig might not be ready and tested.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Still trying to work out whether I can make this since I just started with a new company (Same job, new contract). Anyway, was just wondering if there is any plans for a place to park tow rigs and trailers.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here's a video with some info, thought I posted if before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsjvhXU ... L&index=30

Its looking pretty good that I should be able to get the time off depending on what the final schedule looks like for trip.

Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Eck, so far it looks like it’s going to be a small group.

The general plan is to start the trail on Monday morning, a casual pace and camping two nights (one night in two different locations) so we can enjoy the scenery and campfire life. My boys will probably want to fish and swim at the camp sites.

This would have us exiting trail on Wednesday.

If particpant’s schedules dictate a later start (say Tuesday) I believe that is still possible at this point. Or, if we do start on Monday and want to camp along the trail another night that’s great as well.

I’m hoping we finish the trail on Wednesday so we can take in some other adventures in the area before heading home Friday night / Saturday morning.

https://www.tahoepublicbeaches.org/beaches/sand-harbor/ We are hoping to go to this beach for a day. This website doesn’t do it justice.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

https://www.4wheelparts.com/the-dirt/wh ... McQAvD_BwE

This has quite a bit of information to answer some of your questions. Don't miss out! I regret not going on the Mexico run.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok- I’ve cleared the dates with the wife which is more important than clearing with work so I think I’m about 90% in and ready to do this. I know the original plan mentioned leaving Thursday which does make it a pretty long trip from a workdays off stand point. I’d prefer to caravan for piece of mind and wondering how flexible leaving even a day later on Friday might be?

Also- I’d be down to camp 3 nights and really enjoy the wilderness. That video was pretty sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Any updates? This is only 6 weeks out.

Sat May 29, 2021 10:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Still on !

My rig is ready other than a couple small tasks like rear shocks and driveline.

We still have room for a couple more rigs if anyone is feeling adventurous.

Sun May 30, 2021 9:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Of course I'm here. I'm more and more hopeful my rig will be ready and tested. I'm actually plated and registered, and might test fire the truck today.

I spoke to my 'random Jeep' friend on Thursday, he's still interested in coming as a guide.

They are paving the entire staging area on the Lake Tahoe end of the trail in late June. There will be no exiting through Tahoma during that time, but it shouldn't affect us.

I'm working on some extra parking for tow rigs and trailers.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't know what everyone's plans for accommodations before & after the trail are.

I have extra rooms and my parents have extra rooms close to my home.

Let me know if you need a place to stay.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's getting close, see you all soon.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have verified with a neighbor that we have enough parking available for tow rigs and trailers.

Made a stop on my route today.

ImageKIMG0063.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Do we have a full headcount on participants?

I want to make one breakfast and one dinner for the folks who are participating.

Let me know and see you all soon!!!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Me and my boys will be leaving Denver on Saturday morning July 10th.

Plan to stay in SLC or general area on Saturday night and then roll into Rubicon trail head Sunday afternoon.

Anyone else from Denver area want to jump in on this adventure ?

Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How did this go? Hopefully pics to come and everyone made it safely!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I didn't take many pictures.

Let's just say the Rubicon is not an easy trail.

The carnage started about 500 yards in. My right hub didn't lock for some reason and I was running without front drive. When I hit the first obstacle "The Gate Keeper" I got stuck and ended up blowing up a rear driveshaft u-joint.

I got pushed out of the way for a big pack of Jeeps from Colorado and started the repair process. I figured out the hub wasn't locking, pulled it off and reinstalled it and the front end started working. I honestly have no idea how I mis-installed the locking hub so it didn't work. I was then able to back off the trail using my front end and fix my rear driveshaft. After the repair, my rig performed very well.

Shortly after my repair, Jeff's rear ARB started leaking. We thought he got it fixed, only to have it start leaking again after about 50 feet. It was leaking inside the rear diff, so basically not fixable on the trail. After a couple winch sessions we knew winching 22 miles wasn't an option.

Mike's FJ was very impressive for a stock vehicle and managed more than I could imagine. His rear quarter has a Rubicon tattoo to prove he was there.

We all realized his truck was going to take a real beating, and Jeff's truck was going to have to be pulled through most the trail. So we only got about 1/2 mile in and out in 6 hours. We made the right call, pulling the plug.

The next day I picked a trail I've known about and we took a blind chance and had a fun trail run that ended in a beautiful camping spot near Lost Lake. We set up camp and enjoyed a stress free couple days relaxing. So it didn't turn out as planned, but it was a great trip anyways. It was great catching up with Jeff and Mike. I'm sure they have some pics to share.

I wouldn't attempt this trail without at least 35's and one locker, two are better. Bigger is better, longer is better. And don't bring anything you don't want to bang up, regardless of how big and bad it is.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next