[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Breakfast with Broncos- Colorado Springs, 23 April 2011
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Breakfast with Broncos- Colorado Springs, 23 April 2011 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Breakfast with Broncos- Colorado Springs, 23 April 2011
A cold overcast day started out with a few people arriving this morning. By 830, we were up to 22 people and 12 Broncos in total. Our furthest traveler today from the South was ManTruck, making the drive up from Canon CIty. And from the North, BNC04 popped in from Longmont. We flatter ourselves and say Brett showed up for our Broncos, but I think the parts he was picking up were a pretty big attraction too.

From left to right: akaFrankCastle, ManTruck, DavidSmith

Vragor, Dalli, and 71Broncoman's 1975 Highboy

Can't remember name (I'm horrible with names!), Sbolt19, and SevenT (hidden behind the tirekickers)

Jesus_Man, Eric (not on the board), Landon (not on the board YET), and Colorado75Bronc

Not pictured: Steve

Omelette Parlor was packed but they were very accommodating to our large party. That being said, if we do this again I heard suggestions of Western Omelette on Colorado Ave.

Great turn out today, and big apologies for all the time spent in the cold!!!

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Breakfast with Broncos- Colorado Springs, 23 April 2011
Looks like a great time and a great turn out. Thanks for posting up the pics too.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What an awesome day!!! I woke up at 5:00 am to about 1.5 inches of snow here in Longmont. Pointed the truck south and landed in Aurora to pick up a set of doors, Craig, thanks for taking the time off work to chat a bit and load up the doors, I got a heck of a deal on some very nice doors!!!! .. Ahead of schedule, I called my next appointment (Don) and said, “hey lets just meet up at the breakfast”. Plugged the address into the GPS and away I went to the springs to add some northern charm to the breakfast.

I got there about 8:45 and saw all the bronco's in the lot and walked up to the doors, the place looked packed and a few members were outside braving the cold, waiting for a table and chatting about Bronco's. We all got seated and had some good conversation. I met some really nice people who names will forever escape my memory and had a great time eyeballing all the bronco's and getting some ideas for the future.

It was a little chilly and spitting snow so off I went to my next appointment,, to meet Don at his yard. HOLY CRAP!!! The man has some bronco’s! We spent about 45 mins chatting and looking at all the stuff he had. The project in his shed is nothing short of amazing! Don sold me some e brake parts that I needed and was a wealth of information and a great guy to just talk to. I’m looking forward to meeting with him again.

Leaving Don’s and since I was in the area, I called Bronco Hut and spoke with Dana who gave me directions to the shop. Finding it, We got to talk a bit while he as doing a disc conversion for a customer and I walked away with a rear quarter panel I needed. Had to go to the house to pay and chatted with Melissa for about 20 mins and then headed back North.

Got home, decided to return the wrong parts that NAPA gave me for the rear axle bearings and picked up some spark plugs. Installed them and the shift bushings for the Hurst 3 speed in the bronco, and went for a shakedown cruise.

Going great until a heater hose burst, but I was close enough to nurse it back home and get it in the stable to rest for the night until I can replace that tomorrow,

Now to hide the Easter eggs,, A full day for sure!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like you guys had a great turn out......I would have attended but was busy wrenching.

Zach, yours looks like it's coming along nicely.

Mantruck, I can't wait to see yours in person. Half cabs are so cool but I think it is harder to get the overall package just right like you have.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It was great to be able to put some faces with the names. Breakfast was good and time to talk builds as well as possible causes for handing issues 75 Co. is having . Good job Zach.
Mark.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good day with friends, food and of course Broncos. Thanks for the help in getting this done.

Dave

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canon City, Co

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And a few more

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canon City, Co

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Canon City, Co

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:29 pm

My first meet with the group! Really liked the variety of the rides and their owners. Gets me motivated for some upgrades. Looking for the next meet!!

'72 Classic, fresh rebuilt 351W, Edelbrock top-end, C-6, a work in progress since '94.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]