[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Last Minute Run to Cascade Creek/Saxon Mountain
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Last Minute Run to Cascade Creek/Saxon Mountain 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Last Minute Run to Cascade Creek/Saxon Mountain
So my Dad and I went for a last minute trail ride in the bronco today. It was meant to be a light tester run on Cascade Creek and Saxon Mountain. All went well and we had a good time. We got a little snow in the middle of the day but it was fun. We came across lots of old mines that are pretty cool. All in all a good day in the bronco and it never hesitated on me at all. It felt good to get out and drive it again though. It had been almost a year. I was doing some body work on the truck the last year. Hope next time I have enough warning to post up in the staging area but this was a last minute thing. pics below.

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Last Minute Run to Cascade Creek/Saxon Mountain
Thanks for taking and posting such great photos - Looks like you had a great time. I would love to do the trail in the spring. That is a great looking Bronco.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This is super cool... I would definitely be down to run some old mining trails next spring. Super fun and a great way to learn the history!

Awesome pics!

Matt

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Whoa a sidewinder, Viperwolf has one of those, cool.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for all the nice responses, I'm pretty excited about this new bronco club/forum and meeting other bronco wheelers. Sorry for the slow reply, it was a busy week. I drove out to California for a golf tournament. It is a fun trail with lots of mines and mine shafts. I would defiantly be down to run it with you guys anytime. My dad and I like to catch glimpses into what the mountains were like to the guys who explored them with wagons, and built many of the roads we wheel on today. I need to get out on a trail run with you guys so I can become a full member of the website. Kinder, that is a sidewider, good eye. It is nice, it works well and pulls hard. Its a little slow on pulls but never fails. I like how it tucks up out of the way, well at least until I come to an obstacle with a steep approach angle.

Is there a way to post videos? Also is there a faster way to post trip report pictures than how I did. I had to upload each picture individually. Just curious as I haven't posted much on other forums.

Thanks for looking

Zen

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 pm
Other than mine I've only seen a Hickey Sidewinder on a couple other Broncos. They were pretty popular back in the '70's but I think folks tended to replace them with more modern and faster winches. I really like the pulling capacity and 125' cable length. I can sacrifice speed.

I do like your front bumper and I have plans to do something similar with some tubing to resemble my rear ProtoFab bumper. I'd like to see it in person and pickup some ideas. Let me know if you need a copy of the Sidewinder manual.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Viperwolf1, very true these sidewinders are disappearing from vehicles to use more modern winches. I'm like you I think these are cool. True they are not the fastest but I don't winch that often so whats the rush. I like how they are different than what everyone else has on their rigs. That would be cool to have a copy of the manual. I built the bumper around the skid that was on the truck with the winch when bought it, I think it worked out well. We will have to meet up and share stories and ideas sometime. Not sure if you saw it, but on classicbroncos a while back there was a thread about the sidewinder winches. here it is http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... er+winches

Zen

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]