[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Gear Install Class 6-25-11
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Gear Install Class 6-25-11 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Gear Install Class 6-25-11
What a great time fire fire !

Learned lot's and had a blast. Big thanks to all that helped! smokin !

Man....what a garage of knowledge and bad jokes!

Big thanks to Mike for cookin up some great grub, and Dan and Denise for letting us invade! Can't thank Shawn enough for driving me to what I hope to be a great "impulse buy" shrug !

Great group of folks! Well done fellas/ladies!

Matt

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What a fun day - great food, good beer, gorgeous sunny day, great group of guys (and a Pony of course).

Thanks for hosting Zilla and MyLittlePony - you guys are the best.

76 - Thanks for setting this up and great job on Lunch.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It was a great day to learn a few tricks to setting up gears.

Dan and Denise thanks for the use of your garage. Mike what more to say but you da man setting this up and bringing the grub. It was a bummer that Shane had the issue with the lock nut and pinion not liking each other. Matt, Jeff, Phil, Mike, Chad, Shawn, Rob, sorry if I missed anybody, it was good to chat, learn from, assist and meet ones I haven't met before.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY! A special thanks to Dan and Denise for allowing us to take over their place and for having their neighbor substitute for Hockeydad4-22's boys and providing the days entertaiment! laughing2

It was great to see the people who I rarely see and what a turnout! Thanks to the crew who took over my project so I could cook and thanks also to Rox Crusher who performed both the previous and followed me home to assist in unloading my axle. This allowed me to have Ol' Blue sitting on all fours by 5:45 PM. Still have much to do before I drive it.

Overall I learned a lot today and appreciate the one's with the knowledge that pass it on. This was a great learning experience for me and gave me the confidence to be able to attempt this on my own.

Thanks to all for a great day!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

76 - it also helps to have the right tools for the job.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Booger....

Great to meet you... Thanks for the insight and knowlege!

Oh yeah...want your stang! Next build for me 66!

Matt

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No one got a pic of the Subapoo's new custom body work? Always enjoy a good laugh at a hipster's expense.

Looks like it was a great time with great grub and Bronco guys! Sorry I missed it.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Today's gear and locker install was so close for me to be completed but the overly damaged pinion threads put a end to my day. Luckly 4 wheel parts had one set avalible and i had an hour to get what I needed. The tappered nut is not a good idea for setup!! Live and learn banghead
Thanks to Dan for letting me use his loaner car to get the parts and get home as well. This is one great club to be involved with. Letting a stranger for the most part take his car overnight. So I can get Kaden and myself home is just soo, I don't know what to say, I owe you one for sure..Thankyou Thankyou!!!!!
There was some insurance involved, my bronco is in your garage. I was aaww struck when you offered your car. I was ready to do double the work and put the bronco back together without the front diff ready.

Everyone was so helpful and was willing to lend a hand. I am so greatful for everyone involved in this meetup!!!
Sorry i didnt leave a key to make things easier to get the Bronco in. Thought about it after i left but I was under a time crunch. I saw the pic of you guys heave hooing it in, I felt bad.
Mike was the success story of this install. Congrats and thanks for the grub. It was great!!! cookin
Kaden had a great time as well from sittin on a bad ass bike to driving a R/C truck to submission.

THANK YOU everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the help..

the bike topalling over suv definitly made my day. laughing2 I just heard a crackle boom bang and heard Denise say oh no! I jumped out of the garage and see a bike hanging off the rear window.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Shane - you are the man. Today you freakin' wrenched like a mad man, handed a 1 in a 1,000,000 issue with finesse, and a great Dad. Cool to see someone keep it so together and roll with it under some bad circumstances. You are the definition of Smooth. smokin'

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:43 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you all again for all the help!!! I was on I time crunch this morning and we were done in no time. Everything is working great, I can't wait to really put it to the test!!!!

I had a big scare coming home, I put my soft top racks up over my bikini top and forgot I left them up. Well traveling 65 mph was enough wind to slam those things back down. I could have sworn I broke something. I pulled over not realizing what the hell happened. Found nothing wrong and looked at the back gate, noticed the racks hanging over. I just wiped my forehead and got back on the road. Man what else could go wrong. Thank goodness it was nothing.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]