[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Monthly Breakfast and rdanfords Floor Pan Install
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Monthly Breakfast and rdanfords Floor Pan Install 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Monthly Breakfast and rdanfords Floor Pan Install
Corey's Bronco jacked up for repairs

Gathered around the patient

Here's the before picture. Several spots rusted completely through. Previous patch over the rusted panel is almost unrecognizable

Royce using the air chisel to break the welds after drilling them out

Lunch! I think his name is Gregg. THANKS!!

Kirk and Dan laughing about measuring 5 times before cutting

Dan takig off the wings

A few last cleanups. Junk left by the hair hammer

Ready to weld

Another ready to weld. Notice the self tapping screws in a few places to hold it in position

Welding

I had to leave at abou this point so I didn't get a final picture.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome time guys...Dan, thanks for teaching and completing the welding on the pan. It looks great!
Here are some of my pics....

2006 4Runner V8 Sport Edition
1998 4Runner...DD with 333k and counting

Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

FYI, The tech session today was far enough away that I figured it would be a great time to see just what my highway mileage is.

I used GPS for the distance travelled and speed so no worries about inaccurate speedo. I filled up right as I left. 1 mile to freeway, 70 miles on freeway, 1 mile to house, then reverse.

142 Miles round trip (freeway except for about 3 miles).
65 mph most of the way
8.6 gallons on return. Filled until slight overflow both departing and returning
16.5 mpg

Here's what I have
302 with cam designed for low end power and gas mileage
Quadrajet carb from BC broncos
Performer intake
GM 1 wire ignition/distributor from BC broncos
3 speed manual
Factory exhaust manifold to dual exhaust
235/75-R15 Pathfinder tires
No idea what gears I have but 3000 rmp produced exactly 65 mph according to GPS
Power steering & power brakes

Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:46 pm

Wish I could have made it. Looks like a good time was had by everyone.

Ran into a few issues with the 74. It must have a stuck valve or rings or something. It doesn't like to idle and pops n backfires out the exhaust. But I did drive it home. Hoping it clears up soon.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Super cool guys!!!!!

Sounds like you had some fun and work got done. Sorry I missed it.....

Well done and can't wait for the next one!

Matt

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is just awesome guys! Sorry I couldn't make it but life called.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Today was definitely fun. The Tech classes are a great way to spend a Saturday.

Idea 1 - A lot of guys are interested in fabricating their own bumpers. It is a great idea when you have people like Cory who eat drink and sleep that stuff. Great way to get welding experience too. I don't need bumpers but would few projects would be as cool.

Idea 2 - HydroBoost is an add that most guys would like to do. This may be a way to get a discount of the price of hoses as well.

Fun day - special thanks to Dan (awesome host), Sean (great cook), the Colorado Springs guys who drove up, and everyone for making it out today.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

not only was Dan a great host...........but a damn fine welder

I welded for a living back in the day and did my own roll cages in my stock cars and with all that experience I can promise my welding wouldn't hold a candle to his artwork

awesome

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So...just to confirm, you guys replaced the driver's floor pan just this morning?

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

great to finnally meet u guys, i had a great time despite my self disassembling truck, i still can't believe that happened considering i check the torque regularly, oh well, dan you're a great host and excellent efficient fabricator, and you're all a great group of guys, i also got to meet dennis (dnewman9) today when jeff(rox) went to check out his top he had for sale, great guy and one hell of a rig, that 4.6 cammer is awesome, and thanks again jeff for following me till castle rock, and thanks to kirk (kinder) and everyone else, look forward to seeing you all again, maybe my finances will permit me to repair a few things Welding

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

75dlydrvr - yep just the drivers side, pass side was solid. Everyone already covered all the good stuff; friendship, food, welding... of course try as he might Dan couldn't get a fire started on the firewall, maybe next time! I for one learned a great deal about welding (thanks Dan) sheet metal and will be putting it to the test ASAP as I clean up the areas on my trailer and do a bit of patch work on the floor area and the fenders. I took a little video so I'll chop it up and get the highlights put together and posted.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can't say enough about the quality of this club and the people behind it. Jeff and Billy, I can't thank you enough for the bronco tour and letting me drive your rigs, Dan for the cool welcome and answering my novice (dumb) questions, kinder for the humor and motivation that "I can't make it any worse if its already broken" Although I may be the exception, and the other bronco guys that shared their thoughts. Entourage sp? keep me posted on the kid seats.
Anyhow, thanks again. The food was a very small price to pay for everything I got today.

BTW its not a "crack"pot nor was there any crack involved. But I will take requests for the next meeting/tech class. And if my contributions are food, I'll own it!
Shawn, Gregg, or Shawn Gregg

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been spelling your name wrong Shawn on oa couple of posts - Sorry.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Almost forgot to add these. iPhone so the resolution is lacking.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finally got the video together, next time I can incorporate some photos to fill in the blanks as long as everyone is okay with that. Check it out...

http://gallery.me.com/kirkinderbitzen#100064

Kirk

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]