[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Mt. Baldy Snow bash/Feb BWB
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mt. Baldy Snow bash/Feb BWB 

Post Mt. Baldy Snow bash/Feb BWB
Ok post your pics and videos here. I know JD got some. I have some I'll get up later. I had a blast. Man was that snow deep in places. Only casualties was a brake line on JD's cousins Jeep and booger lost a roller on the winch fairlead. Quite a few straps and a couple winch pulls. Defenitly a trip where at minimum 33's and on locker required.

Many thanks to Cory and JD for setting this up. Got to do it again.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:07 pm
Post Re: Mt. Baldy Snow bash/Feb BWB
It was a blast. Where else can you spin the engine to 5K in low-1 with all 4 locked up, barely move and not break anything? We even had a private airshow.Bronco 003c.jpgBronco 008.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:44 pm
Couple more.Bronco 010.jpgBronco 007.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That air show was something else. Can't wait to see JD's vid and Rob's GoPro video. He says it turned out pretty cool. Oh and thanks for the day of fun JD and Cory.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:53 pm

I have a few more I just need to upload them

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Big thanks to everybody that came, we had a good turn out, it was nice to meet some new people and see familiar friends, and Rob you deserve some credit too! You helped me alot with keeping the thread properly updated, ya we'll definitely have to again that was a great day despite my phone being left behind, most likely mangled by a violently spinning bronco's tire >_<

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

oh man, that looks like you guys had an awesome time !

can't wait to see the vid

missing this kind of stuff really helps motivate me to keep moving ahead with my project.

those birds flew over my house today along with a couple air medics.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:57 am

jeff there was that 2 prop guy and 1 air medic flying over us all day.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't know what they were doing but there was at least 3 air medic helicopters that flew south and then back north a couple hours later

they were hauling ass

they love to fly the hogback along the foothills and they always fly right over Arrowhead

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As usual I had a great time meeting new faces and putting screen names to them. Thanks to sbolt19 for the wiper motor cover. Thanks to JD, Corey and Rob for putting this together. Thanks to Gregg for providing the mornings tech class and how to remove an EB stock radio. I didn't make the snow bash and by the pictures that was a good thing. The Bronco ran great there and to home, should have removed that cat along time ago.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:37 am

here is my video of the flyover and landing. It was so cool to see this. The bronco was rocking back n forth pretty bad. Couldnt see anything. By far the one of the coolest things to see up wheelin.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

BTW, I see a lot of 2013 calenders pics from this trip.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great pics, the Broncos and the snow look awesome. Nice video ZOSO (post some more), I see your wipers work as well as everybody else's.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mike it was definitely a 33" tire or bigger kinda day or as in the case of the Jeep 4 big chains. The last hill climb before we turned around was by far the funnest. Me and Viper and Shark were the last ones up and I had the first run. The pics Rob took of the Bronco emblem was from the snow flying as I clawed and dug to the top. Didn't need a tug just when no forward momentum backed a few feet and stabbed the pedal to get some wheel speed. Oh and rocking the wheel back and forth to keep digging.

Oh and Kinder they do work as well as very other Bronco I've seen.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:06 am

Kirk I'll get working on all my videos. I have some more gopro then some off my phone I need to get.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had a great time!! Great people, great food, great views and lots of fun!! It has been many years since I was last snow bashing up there and while I was worried at first, it did not disappoint. The Chinook was a crazy experience I'll never forget!! I did not get any videos because my camera doesn't have sound. But below are my pictures! Thanks Corey for spearheading it, Rob for keeping the thread updated and for the Denver folks who made the trek down. Mike, Shawn, and Gary - thanks for coming even if it was just for the breakfast.

Don and Steve, sorry you guys had to turn back, but it only got worse from there. As Booger said, it took chains in the end and it was a slow process at that. I guess I should have put on my set, but once the trail was broke, it wasn't too bad.

Ty chained up all around, otherwise trail breaking would have been impossible:

End of the road for us:

Back out at the trailhead.

Here's a link to all my pics:

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/je ... ?start=all

BTW - pulled my hub apart last night and it was fine. The grease didn't look great, but I don't think it would stop it from engaging. So I am worried it's my locker...

J.D.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Video from Chad's phone.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Had a great time meeting up with everyone and getting some snow bashing experience, iam on the lookout for some chains!

I have a few photos as well as some video I will post after I edit the video.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What do you guys bring with you as far as tools and backup parts on a trip like this?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

All of my primary tools fit in one heavy toolbox. I bring that. I bring shovels and 60ft of tow strap, and all my standard stuff like fluids, spare electronics etc. And thankfully Ty had a spare brake line with him, which is very smart of you plan to run chains. I also bring more clothes and extra socks. Not a whole lot different than a summer trip.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Just what JD said. In my 79 I carry spare drive shafts(only cause I had an extra set) u joints, some oil, trans fluid, spark plugs and a decent set of tools. The tool kit I use is the 305pc set from harbor freight. I just use cheap tools on the trail in case I lose one I wont be mad I lost a good tool. One of the reasons I run stock easy to find parts like ignition system is easy to get parts for out in the middle of nowhere. I used to carry a spare dizzy, coil, duraspark module, d44 yoke, 9in yoke, cap and rotor, and a bunch of other stuff. But all that was a lot of weight that I decided I didnt want to carry anymore. Spark plugs are a good thing to carry if your carbed. You will run rich in the higher altitudes and run greater chances of fouling out some plugs(happened to me once).

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys, starting to piece together things to equip the Bronco.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I only have a few photos, Iam working on the movies and will upload soon.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like fun, I am gonna guess, judging from the pictures, you guys didn't get all the way up to Deer Park. It looks like this is as far as you got??

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=38 ... o&t=h&z=18

If it is, that is as far as I was able to get a couple winters ago too.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:01 pm
We made to here: N38 45.667 W104 58.393

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Viper's right. That area you linked to Gary is were the real trouble began. As we were busting thru that, Ty was installing chains and broke trail the rest of the way. So we were just short of Deer park. If we all had chains, we may have made it because progress would have been quicker.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Who's is this? And, are those both ProtoFab bumpers?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice bronco and love the color...

Last edited by landshark on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next