[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Riding my motorcycle around Texas - WARNING lots of pics
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Riding my motorcycle around Texas - WARNING lots of pics 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Riding my motorcycle around Texas - WARNING lots of pics
It snowed the morning I was leaving

Lots of wide open plains to ride through on my way to New Mexico

Stopped on route 66 for lunch

All you texans can stand and salute

Here's how I look riding

Lots of flat dry country in Southern Texas

The border entry from Mexico to Presidio

Highway 170, the reason we're down here

The Rio Grand. It doesn't look like much of a rio, and not very grand

Nice temp. That's why we're here in April

I'm enjoying the ride

More of 170

Lots of whoops on the road. They didn't try to flatten the terraine

Looding West along the Rio Grand

A rest stop with some creative shading over the picnic tables

Into the park

Riding into Chisos Mountain Lodge

Santa Elena Canyon

My bike at the Canyon

Hot riding across South Texas

Looking at the cliffs along the Rio Grande

Looking down a boat ramp at the Rio Grande. I should have waded across the border but I didn't think about it.

I was taking a picture with my SLR so I turned my cap to see through the view finder. My buddy couldn't stop laughing at me.

Fun roads to ride all over the park

A cool tunel on the East road

Looking over the Rio Grande on the East end of the park

Mexican citizens across the river

He rode over to check his business

His business

Back at the Lodge looking West

More open road, on the way out of Big Bend

Gas station in Langtry. Pump the gas, go inside and tell em how many gallons. OOOOOLD times

Pecos River. Allot more grand than the Rio Grande

My new ride

Uvalde

Texans don't have much of an ego

Entering Texas Hill Country. Notice the green stuff by the road

Flowers lined most of the highways

Fields of wild flowers

Great views from the tops of the hills

Rain clouds moving in. Got rained on for about 15 minutes

Riding the "Twisted Sisters". Hwy 335, 336, and 337. Some of the best riding you can do

This is the route we took through the Hill Country

Here's my "weekly status" that I sent in to work for operations review

This area has a serious deer problem. Nearly everything has guards

More road pics of the hill country

More views

More wildflowers

If you through Langry gas station was primitive...

Heading out towards Kerrville

More

Why?

Dinner in Kerrville looking over the river.

Stopped in San Angelo to visit family. Gave some nieces a ride

North Texas is flat..

Here's how I ended the Trip. I missed the birth by 2 hours. Grand child #3

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Riding my motorcycle around Texas - WARNING lots of pics
Very nice Clay, hope to ride with you soon. Too bad you missed the grandchild's birth but I'm certain you'll more than make up for it!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Looks like fun. Makes me want a comfy road bike.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Clay, those are great shots, the wild flowers are one of the great things about Texas, I've been to San Angelo too many times, thanks for sharing.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Man, awesome pics and story

Wish I could have gone

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for posting up your adventure - Looks like a great trip and motorcycles look like the way to do it.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats on the birth of #3...looks like the trip was nice too!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Clay thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like a great trip. Bummer you missed the birth by a few hrs but at least you got the chance to hold the little one. Great way to end a trip.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Also congrats Clay on another grandchild!

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I've driven one or two of those roads in the TX hill-country. They can be pretty. Did you stop for Donuts in Kerrville? Actually scratch that. Next time make your way to Castroville and stop at the Alsatian bakery. Sooooo good!

Getting hot down there already! Do you have a map of your entire trip? How many miles?

Glad you're back safe!

J.D.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Total trip length from COS to COS - 2,950 miles. I almost went home via Cannon City just to get another 50 in, but the Sun was nearly down by the time I left Pueblo for home and I was bushed. So just shy of 3,000, AND I need new tires. Some of those Texas roads really tore up the rear.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you stop in at BC Broncos when you went through Ingram?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nope. I thought before the trip to figure out where they were but never did, then didn't even think about it during the ride

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool route Clay! Just glad you survived your trip near the border.

I was only at BC's once, but it looks like you drove (rode) right past their shop. Too bad you didn't get to stop in. They are cool people.

Fredericksburg is a cool town.

also you drove right by one of the premier TX wheeling joints between Mason and Brady (Katemcy rocks). Did you see any pink granite?

I think I basically followed your route bringing the bronco home just prior to our move here. I liked how the secondary highways in TX are all 70mph in the daylight!

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]