[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 4th of July Four Wheeling Trip
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 4th of July Four Wheeling Trip 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 4th of July Four Wheeling Trip
My son and I want to do a 4-wheeling trip leaving Denver on July 4th and returning to Denver on the 7th or 8th. We are open to most any place but would like to do some challenging trails. Anyone interested post up and give some suggestions where to camp or stay, and trails that we might want to explore. I will be planning a trip to Ouray the first of August, so don't want to go to that area for this trip.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:38 am

Post Re: 4th of July Four Wheeling Trip
Gotta try wheeler lake. Absolutely beautiful. Its a in and back trip. Its located off highway 9 between fairplay and breck.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you go to Wheeler Lake we'd be interested, prob only one to two nights.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Another camping trip looks great, Wheeler Lake looks like a prime camping area. I'm in!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

talked to the wife and we want to try and make it up for a night, the 6th or 7th most likely.
Keep us posted on details

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:06 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Camping at the top near the lake should be legal, if I remember right there aren't many trees, so if wx moves in it could be a problem.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 am

And cold. No trees cause most of its above timberline.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If Jeremy can get the 74 of Love and Destruction ready. We will be in, but can't camp. Have to work the next day.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?x3pv5s

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Talked 2 some coworkers who ran Wheeler this last wknd and it's 95 percent open, snow drift near the top and ice on the lake.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

'81 Coachman Caper XL MH, 4WD, EFI 460/ZF/BW1356, D44/Sterling, 4.10s/35s, under const...
'83 Bronco, D60/Sterling, 5.13/ARBs, MAF EFI 351W/ZF/BW1356, 37" MT/Rs.
'12 Buggy, HPD60, Hi-9, 4.10s, Explorer 5.0, Atlas 4-speed, my chassis, EB skins.
And the latest project is a '99 Ranger Extra-Cab, custom frame/tube work, on 40s...

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Would anyone be up to run Blanca Peak on the 4th or 5th of July? If we can get 3 or 4 rigs, I would like to run this trail, then Grizzley Lake on July 6th and then Wheeler Lake on July 7th.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:43 pm

I am working on thursday after the 4th, but am off fri,sat,sun. I would love to tag along if you all will let me know where to meet up with you on friday. I would like to camp and bring my boys and their dirtbikes if possible. Let me know where to be, when to be there, if the fires are an issue, shoot me a contact phone number - and I will be there
Larry

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What time and location are you planning as the meet up spot for the Wheeler lake run on the 7th? May be the only part of the weekend I'll be attending.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Since I couldn't get a group together to wheel for 4-5 days this week, my son and I will head to Wyoming to do some fishing. We head out on the morning of the 4th and probably won't be able to make the Wheeler Lake ride. Since we won't be in that area, I will not be able to lead the trail ride. Hope everyone has fun and Happy 4th to all!

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]