[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Third Annual Platte River Bar and Grill Meet & Greet
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Third Annual Platte River Bar and Grill Meet & Greet 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Third Annual Platte River Bar and Grill Meet & Greet
Had a great time. Thanks to everyone that attended!

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Third Annual Platte River Bar and Grill Meet & Greet
Had a great time but damn it was cold out there! I forgot my camera this time so no pics from me. As usual, it was great to see everyone again and we need to get up in the hills at least one more time this season!

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finally some pics!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There was one more big boy toy that showed up, Corey's friend (help me out with his name) brought out his '77 F-350 Hi-Boy with a well tuned 6bt, it dyno'd to 1280 ft lbs of torque. He was running a compound turbo set up, smaller turbo boosted to 30psi then gated over to the big turbo pushing somewhere b/t 50-80 lbs. Looking forward to my 4bt conversion and 500'ish ft lbs.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dustin is his name, he's a great guy, good friend of mine, he'll be helping me with my 4bt swap and possibly Kirk's as well, he also would like to do the swap for other club members interested in doing a 4bt

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How loud is the 4BT in an EB? Corey, I still haven't forgotten about that fish I owe you.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Loud, but I've seen some videos where they seemed no louder than a dodge pickup with a cummins 6bt, look up "4bt drive" on YouTube, there's not much for broncos but some good ones of some jeep, Durango, Dakota, and Chevy 4bt swap test drives, most guys I've talked to report mileage of 22-32 mpg depending on highway, town or fighting wind, and that's with a 5 speed manual trans

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wouldn't 22 mpg be nice. I remember right after I went efi I got in the low 20s until the fresh rebuild broke in. Now I am in the high teens on the highway & mid teens in town.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Love the high-boy, that is sweet! 1280 ft/lbs? That's impressive!

Yeah, the 4BT is far from quite. I don't think you could hold a conversation next to an idling motor without shouting. But they sound awesome! Just be prepared to dynomat anything and everything you can.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Loud!

And this folks, is the largest reason I am not even considering going 4BT in my build. The mileage would be awesome, but I want to be able to drive it comfortably, I want to be able to drive it to hunting and fishing camps without scaring the elk and trout into the next drainage, I want to be able to hear and appreciate the music.

I will be using all the sound deadening tricks I can when I get that far already, but that 4BT is just going to be loud, all the time loud!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No - you are always invited along, but if we are trying to get up to the top of the mountain to sneak up on the elk - you may have to leave your rig in camp.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]