[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - January 19th Round Robin Tech Day!!! Editied first post
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:31 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 January 19th Round Robin Tech Day!!! Editied first post 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post January 19th Round Robin Tech Day!!! Editied first post

Ok folks,

I figure we will have 6-7 rigs, all with fairly minor projects (no new 3 speed to C4 auto swaps on this one). I expect to have somewhere between 7-12 people here, some all day long, some just stopping by. We will be here from 8:00 am until the bitter end (could be early afternoon, could be another late night.... - it happens).

I will load up a bunch of tools including floor jack and stands tonight (all I have are the smaller ones so Kirk, I still need yours if you don't mind). I will try to remember everything I need for what we have planned. I will also bring air lines and impact tools. Lets remember folks, bring your tools and equipment, do not assume we have what you need unless you talk to one of us first and we let you know we will have you covered.

I will also pick up 20 or so breakfast burritos so we will have plenty. I can make a pot of coffee, we have a soda machine so bring your change. Burritos will be $2 each - on the honor system. Grab one and leave your $2.

If you are out and about feel free to stop by anytime, even if you do not bring your rig (but it will be awesome if you do bring it). Come on over, say howdy and talk bronco's for a while.

See you all in the morning.

3229 W. Hampden
Englewood CO 80110

If you get lost don't hesitate to call me @ 303-819-5652

Several times in years past we have had open shop round robin tech days held at my old shop. Unfortunately I no longer have that space. That said, my new boss has offered us the opportunity to us his shop with plenty of space to work on 6 -8 rigs so we have been working on a date to set up another of these days.

I do not have all the tools and equipment here that I did at my former shop, in fact consider that you will have to bring everything you need, including tools, equipment, parts and supplies. We do have plenty of power and a large compressor.

This is not a day for larger projects, while we have always worked well into the night and have no problem doing so again. (if there is any chance you might not be able to finish in a long day - plan on finding a way to get your rig out of here) . If you have a nagging electrical issue, need brake help, heater issues or just want to change the oil. This is your chance. Post up what you need or want to do and lets get a bunch of us here to work on everyone's rigs!

Previous projects included tuning carbs, wiring issues, steering conversions, complete brake overhauls and the like. Parts houses are nearby for those last minute pats runs (Napa is mere blocks away with several more less than a mile down the road) as well as Home depot, Lowes, and one of the best Ace hardware stores within 10 minute drive.

If you do not have the expertise or tools - that is fine, post up and it is very likely someone here will jump at the chance to bring theirs and help out.

I will be happy to bring my floor jack and some jack stands as well as any other tools I own that we may need. I will also plan to bring my impact tools.

I can pick up Santiago's Burritos for everyone, I will need a count. We do have a soda machine but there will be no alcohol at this event (bosses rules). Lunch - we can bring food (pot luck type of thing), order pizza or what ever. Also no young kids (common sense here, as well as the bosses rules). This is a working glass shop with plenty of places for a youngster to end up getting hurt.

Englewood CO, 80110

West of Federal on the Hampden Frontage Road (north side of hampden)

When:
Saturday January 19th
8:00 am till......

Lets have a great turn out and get those nagging issues taken care of!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Last edited by hockeydad4-22 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: January 19th Round Robin Tech Day!!!
Count me in, for now just a simple oil change and maybe work on my camper heater. If I get crazy I may think of doing my HB brake upgrade, but only if Greg will tow me home when it goes terribly wrong!

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm in. I have plenty of projects!

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Don't laugh, but do you think we could do either a 1" body lift -- I needed to replace the body mount bushings -- or just the front bushings? This assumes, of course, that I can get the vehicle up there somehow!

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Kinder - If needed I will get you and your rig home

75DBE - I don't see why with enough help why we would not be able to complete your 1" BL, as long as you have all the parts needed. Should not be to big an issue.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Greg is a great host and these Tech Days are a ton of fun. I go even if I don't have anything to work on - good excuse to hang with a great bunch of guys, learn something new, and checkout Broncos. Day usually start with Burritos and end with a frosty beverage. Always a good time.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm game and should be able to make it. I've got a couple of little things I'd love help with (carb tuning, mainly). Mostly I'd like to help out since I've gotten so much help at these events. Greg, I'd love to get a new windshield from you at this. Mine has a ton of grinding spatter on it.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Some fairly easy projects that I need to complete:

Replace belts
Replace/Upgrade power steering.
Rattle can new bumpers and diamond plating.
Remove/Cut off old bumpers and install new bumpers.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've got all the parts for the body lift, so if we can make it work -- and it is not too much trouble -- I would love to participate.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

DBE - We should be good to go then. I have never installed a body lift, but I am certian there are those here who have. Folks, what in terms of tools and equipment do we need? I want to make sure we have all the basses covered.

I cant imagine that with 3-4 of us working together on it that it would take more than a few hours.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a rear end with a Detroit locker in it that I got from Gunny. I need to change the pinion seal and want to change from a crush sleeve to shims on the pinion. If anyone who knows how to set up a rear end is coming, I would appreciate being schooled on this as I haven't done it before.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can bring cutting tools as well (torch, angle, saws all, etc), to help w/ bumper removal.

I can help with the rearend set up, not sure you want to use shims though, I've only set up a 9 w/ a crush sleeve. I'll bring my diff tools and we can tackle it.

A body lift install can be tricky, if only going up 1" then is should be doable. Biggest problem will be the body mounts. If they are original and never had a bolt removed you're going to have breakage. Other issues will be every connection b/t the body & frame for electric, brakes, steering, trans, etc.

Now if we get all this easy stuff done... Who is up to doing my 4BT swap! LOL

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah -- the more I thought about doing the lift, the more worried I got. Maybe we can just install the adjustable track bar and drop bracket? :-)

Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Its up to you, I imagine with the number off outstanding expert folks who will most likely be there to help, we will have little trouble completing the install.

Drew received new rear springs and a hood, I am sure he would like to get them installed as well

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll be there with bells on. Okay. Maybe not bells. And I'll have a stack of calendars with me as well as t-shirts. Would also like to pick up some sighting cards from anyone who may be sitting on a pile of them. I have a few Broncos to tag. Provided their current owners aren't interested in parting with them. icon biggin

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just looking at the list of projects we have and thinking we will have no problems getting them all done (Kinders 4B swap excluded)

Kinder - Oil Change & Hydroboost
75DBE - 1" body Lift
Justin - Carb adjust / tune and windshield
Cwin - Belts, Power Steering upgrade, Remove existing weld on boat anchor bumpers, paint and install new
Crazyone - Rear End Gear / Locker instal
Drew (Hockeyboy) - Replace rear leaf springs and hood install
Puffy - new fuel tank
Folks, I will be there to help, and will bring as many tools, floor jack, jack stands etc. as I can, remember, this is a glass shop - not an auto shop in any way. We have a large compressor and plenty of power. We will need to bring everything else. The reason for this gathering is simple. We all have nagging tasks that we are not sure we know how to do, or that we need extra hands to accomplish. It is a great way get those items crossed off the list. Also it is a terrific form of fellowship as we we all pitch in to help a brother out. Come on by, even if you do not wish to work on your own rig. Even if only for a few minutes, come on by.

Give me a count, I will pick up burrito's for breakfast. I have no problem picking up 40 burritos if we are going to have that many here. It will be honor system to recover my costs. Everyone puts in $2 per burrito for their breakfast. Lunch we can do a pot luck or we can order pizza. In previous shop days we have had Chilli, hot dogs, smoked pork etc. Lets get some opinions on this as well.

We have the shop all day (and into the night if needed). Real easy to put 6 or more rigs inside, (heated no less). Lets continue to keep this thread moving, discuss the process for some of the more involved projects (Body lift, hydro boost, power steering upgrade) so we can be sure to have all the parts and all the tools here to get them done.

Last edited by hockeydad4-22 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was just informed that I may be heading to MN sometime this month for work. The current talk is mid-end of month but the powers that be have no idea what that means... This is a huge opportunity and I hope I can join. I will let you know.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:29 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't have any easy projects but I'd love to come out and lend a hand as well. Been trying to make it to an event and meet some new people (wife is sick of bronco talk).

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just keeping this in the forefront.

Some tools I know we will need that I do not have. Drew is planning to install his new rear leafs. I do not have any of the tall jack stands. Does anyone have some they can bring or loan to us for the day?

Thanks

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like I am going to have to work this Sat so I won't be able to make it. Damn! See you guys on the next one. Thanks for putting this together!

Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok folks,

I figure we will have 6-7 rigs, all with fairly minor projects (no new 3 speed to C4 auto swaps on this one). I expect to have somewhere between 7-12 people here, some all day long, some just stopping by. We will be here from 8:00 am until the bitter end (could be early afternoon, could be another late night.... - it happens).

I will load up a bunch of tools including floor jack and stands tonight (all I have are the smaller ones so Kirk, I still need yours if you don't mind). I will try to remember everything I need for what we have planned. I will also bring air lines and impact tools. Lets remember folks, bring your tools and equipment, do not assume we have what you need unless you talk to one of us first and we let you know we will have you covered.

I will also pick up 20 or so breakfast burritos so we will have plenty. I can make a pot of coffee, we have a soda machine so bring your change. Burritos will be $2 each - on the honor system. Grab one and leave your $2.

If you are out and about feel free to stop by anytime, even if you do not bring your rig (but it will be awesome if you do bring it). Come on over, say howdy and talk bronco's for a while.

See you all in the morning.

3229 W. Hampden
Englewood CO 80110

If you get lost don't hesitate to call me @ 303-819-5652

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: January 19th Round Robin Tech Day!!! Editied first post
I'm planning to come, at least for the first part of the day. Do we still need a torch?

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next