[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Saturday 7-13-13 less than Holy Cross wheelin
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Saturday 7-13-13 less than Holy Cross wheelin 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Saturday 7-13-13 less than Holy Cross wheelin
I was originally thinking of trying to run HolyCross with Landshark and the few that were going but realizeed maybe I am not as willing to smash up my Luber as I thought.

Still want to wheel though so the Fam and I, and possibly my neighbor, are planning to run the Eagle Rock trail out of the Co Springs area.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=39

and possibly Saran Wrap if time permits.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=69

We will be planning a decent start time of 8:30 ish leaving from the Broadmoor Hotel, planning on lunch on the trail, and come home when we are done playing around.
We might find a place to camp down there Friday night but not sure what is available yet so that is up in the air.

I have never run this trail but it looks plenty doable in a open diffed 31-33" rig, appears to have go arounds and still challenge you plenty if you want it.

If you are interested, post up and we can square away details.

I know it is last minute but what the heck why not?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Saturday 7-13-13 less than Holy Cross wheelin
Sounds fun. There are also many trails in the HC area for you to play on, and camping galore too if you want to sorta stick together as a group and enjoy alcohol infused drinks after the trail day??

But if not, ER might give you some trouble for open diffs. I would also take a really close look at the hard part of Saran Wrap before entering as well. The bypass above isn't bad.

This rock on Saran Wrap doesn't have a bypass and could give ya some trouble:

This is the very top of the hard section on SW:

Then as you drop into ER and head up, you'll see this rock off the side of the road. Above this, you'll make a 100yrd climb and turn right. There is an obstacle up the next section that could give you some trouble.

Best way to run those trails are to go past ER, run Saran Wrap past hard part, then back down and turn left and drop into ER. You haven't missed anything on ER at that point. Then out ER and down Mt. Baldy back to Gold camp Rd. Camping is sketchy up there tho. Lots of weird things happen. Just pack some heat.

Don't be surprised if you get some visitors on Mt. Baldy:

Oh and meeting at the Home Depot is a little easier than the hotel?? 2250 Southgate Rd.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Check out this map, zoom into the area or find Ptarmigan pass and look at nearby trails:
http://www.traildamage.com/google_colorado.php

I know I did some research in that area once, and I think HC was the ONLY tough trail. You might get some colorado pin strips on some of the others, but they are not technically hard.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool. It'll be fun to sit around the same campfire at the end of the day anyway. And, God forbid, someone needs help - it's not too awful far away.

I am sure some of the 'Springs & Pueblo boys would love to run ER with ya someday too!

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ya both areas are great, and when I finish Todd's bronco I can finish working on mine and run up ER with you, I haven't been up it since I ran it with JD, actually I think those pics are from that trip

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, some pics are from that trip. Some are from a run to take my BIL for his first rock crawling experience just a few weeks prior.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]