[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - All-4-Fun 2014 Silverton, CO July 27th - August 2nd
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 All-4-Fun 2014 Silverton, CO July 27th - August 2nd 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post All-4-Fun 2014 Silverton, CO July 27th - August 2nd
Howdy everyone,

A couple of us will be attending this year and are looking forward to hitting some of Colorado's most popular and picturesque trails.

http://www.a4fun.org/#!all-4-fun-location/c1xkq

The entry fee may seem expensive until you realize it includes cost of dry camping and most meals.

I'm planning to drive the Bronco down, leaving on Saturday and returning the following Sunday.

Post up if you plan on going / want to join in the fun !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: All-4-Fun 2014 Silverton, CO July 27th - August 2nd
I have been to the last couple (of course I was working it). It is a great time and you can see all the jeeps break down. Don't think we are sponsoring this year because of location but would be a great time. Definitely a must do.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will be a trip leader on this event. Would be great to have some EB's to lead.

David

Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If anyone is thinking about coming to All-4-Fun, registration closes July 15th. Silverton has always been my favorite place to wheel. The scenery is fantastic! As of last week, we have 659 registered which include 96 kids. The committee is talking about capping the registration at 700 to 750. Sarah & I are in charge of the meals we are providing so we have been very busy planning and preparing. This will be my third All-4-Fun event that I have attended and have always had a great time. So don't delay if you want to come. You can go www.mhjc.org and click on the All-4-Fun link to register.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the reminder, I am now fully locked and loaded !

We will look you up when we get there.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Teaser.20140728_113256.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have dreamed of doing Black Bear since my child hood and finally did yesterday !

image.jpg

image.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes, that trail should be a right-of-passage for any 4x'er. What a cool place!

Moar pics plz!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Black Bear was closed on the July 4th due to not being plowed 100% yet. Imogene had been open just a few days.

Have fun and be safe.

Canon City, Co

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's a beautiful view, its on my bucket list.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet! And Jeff that roof rack looks awesome!

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, yesterday was an adventure.

We did Poughkeepsie which has the highest technical rating of the trails these guys are doing. Rating is due to one obstacle called The Wall. Not hard when dry but extremely hard when wet. Almost everybody on the morning runs had to be winched up.

When my turn came, I made it pretty far up but had a brake line burst. It was the one between the master and the prop valve for the front brakes. Lack of proper maintenance on my part as it had been rubbing on the steering shaft for a while and I zip tied it out of the way rather than replacing it. Lesson learned.

Anyway, we had to leave it, go in town and round up a line. Ended up using fittings from old line donated by Money Pit with some steel tubing that the MHJC on site repair shop made up for us.

Then Phil and I headed up to retrieve it and back to camp by 8:30.

Long day but awesome all the same !

Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dude! That trail system is one you don't want sketchy brakes on! I am just glad you are ok. Could have been very bad!

Poughkeepsie has eluded me because I've never been there in my bronco, always the wife's SUV. So I am anxious to see what this obstacle looks like!

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow. Glad you were able to get it fixed and back out. If I remember, the rest of the trail to Animas Forks is down hill. Definitely, not the place for brake failure.

I did Poughkeepsie with my truck while it was still a 3 speed. I had trouble because I wasn't geared low enough, and didn't have a hand throttle. I had to try several times to get up. Each time the truck lost traction, it rolled back down a few feet & stopped somewhat abruptly, rocking on the back tires. Each time I thought I was going to roll over backwards! It probably wasn't as close to rolling as it felt.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We did Poughkeepsie on the 5th as well and it was closed on top so we couldn't make it thru. The snow was still deep as heck. we busted drifts etc but once we made it where we could see the junction on top we had to turn back.

The wall is tuff when wet and I had to pull the winch out. I couldn't get any traction at all due to running water and mud at the bottom. It was a great day and had some fun.

Canon City, Co

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:01 am

Im jealous. But im in the planning stages of a week long wheelin trip for next year. I cant wait as it's been a long time since I've been there.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:57 am

This is photo from RMR 2012. Colby after attempting The Wall in Poughkeepsie. We winched him back over and second attempt was successful.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Another RMR 2012 shot of me going up The Wall. Had to back down once but made it up on second try. Glad to see some Bronco guys at the All-4-Fun event. Hope to make it next year...maybe. I always hate to get in a trail run with a bunch of Jeepsters who want to stop and put one front tire up on a rock and take about 50 pics of it. Then the guy behind him does it and on and on and on. A 10-mile run takes all day.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We really had a great time despite all the never ending rain.

We spent one day by ourselves just checking out a couple abandoned mining / milling buildings. It was fun to figure out the milling process by looking at the remains of the equipment and the buildings. Madison and Spencer liked looking around to the point Spencer was begging to stay.

Here is one of the nicer shots I managed to take.

image.jpg

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

For those that have never been to All 4 Fun, you should consider going.

It is super well organized and the amount of effort was amazing. Doug and Sarah were the committee leaders for all meals and they absolutely worked their butts off and had a great attitude the entire time ! Serving 675 + hungry folks would challenge my patience.

Prize night was amazing, no less than 6 winches were awarded.

Maybe we can get a bigger group together for next year.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for keeping the pics posted up, looks amazing. You've definitely got it on my short list for next year.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think this was on Black Bear as well.

image.jpg

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Calendar shot.20140730_121355.jpg

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]