[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Lars Bars Build Day/February Breakfast-DATE CHANGE
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Lars Bars Build Day/February Breakfast-DATE CHANGE 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Lars Bars Build Day/February Breakfast-DATE CHANGE
This is the official Lars Bars Build Day thread for scheduling and group buy. If you want to talk about the technical aspects of the build please see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7043. RSVP is deeply appreciated for anyone who is planning to build a set of arms. If you just want to come and hang out, all are welcome! This will be a great opportunity to learn metalworking and basic 4x4 fabrication. Please note that this day will be just for the mass fabrication of the arms-we will not be installing them on rigs, but if there's enough interest we might do another tech day for that. Also, we'll do our best to get as many sets built as possible, but whether we can get them all done will depend on how many folks sign up. We'll do our best, and many hands will hopefully make for fast work.

Where: Justin's house in Lakewood. PM for address, not gonna put my location out to the interwebs.
When: 2/22/15 from 9:00a until we're done.
How: In your Bronco, of course!
Why: Because everyone likes an extra 10 inches.

Kirk and I will be knocking out a trial set of arms and building a jig beforehand, so hopefully we can make several sets of arms over the course of the day. We'll likely set this up assembly line style, so please bring eye protection, hearing protection and heavy gloves. I think Kirk and I have most of the needed tools between us, but if anyone has a portable garage heater that'll be nice to have. I'll have coffee and either doughnuts or breakfast burritos available and we'll likely send someone on a pizza run for lunch-contributions for both will be appreciated. We'll also be taking small donations to offset the cost of welding, plasma, and cutting consumables.

Group Buy: We will have the ability to purchase all the needed parts through the club. Metalcloak has offered us a 5% discount and Ruffstuff has given us a 15% discount. Hinton is special ordering the steel so no discount but their pricing is the lowest in town.

You will need the following parts:
-A set of factory radius arms from a 66-79 Bronco or 70's-ish F-150. You will need to provide these.
-2x.25" wall DOM-6' @ $9/foot plus 7.62% sales tax-$57.89. I'm adding in a little for inevitable waste ($70 total), as the sticks don't come in exact sizes.
-1.25" shank joint x2-Metalcloak joints will be $56 each plus $5 shipping per person.
-2.625" width brackets-$38.27/pair
-1.25" tube bung-$21.30/pair
-1.25" jam nuts-$6.52/pair
-Shock tabs-$4.30/pair
-9/16x4.5" Grade 8 nut and locking bolt x2-$5.65.
-1/2x3" fine thread nut and bolt for shock mount x2-$5.65

Totals:
Ruffstuff: $81.69+$7 shipping each=$87.69
MetalCloak: $112.00+$6 shipping each=$117.00
Hinton: $70

Total: $274.67

Please send money via Paypal to 3flyingmonkeys@gmail.com. Please either send it as a gift for friends and family or include the 3% processing fee ($282.91) if you'd prefer to go that route. I need to have money in hand by the time I order on Monday. If you can't do Paypal please PM me re: alternate arrangements. If you want to purchase other stuff from any of the vendors, including Hinton, please let me know and we'll work out the money. Any steel left at my house for more than a week might wind up as part of my rig. flipoff

1.25" Metalcloak joints:
1. -Eck
2. -ZOSO
3. -Justin
4. -Kinder
5. -JGZ
6. -bronco117
7. -biohzd

Brackets 'n' bungs 'n' bolts:
1. -Eck
2. -ZOSO
3. -Kinder
4. -JGZ
5. -Justin-brackets only
6. -bronco117
7. -biohzd

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Lars Bars Build Day
Hello,
I would like to participate and build a set of these.
I might need help scrounging up an old set of radius arms.

ag

Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:26 pm

Im in. I have my 100k BTU salamander I can dig out and bring. It'll heat your garage well.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

bronco117, we'd love to have you. You might post up in the Parts Wanted section to see if anyone has a set laying around. A local junkyard is likely to have an old beater that can donate a set, or if you're willing to pay shipping I'd guarantee that someone over on CB.com has a set. Do you want me to add you to the list for the group buys?

Rob, I'm pretty sure that we could cook things in my garage with 100k BTUs. Sounds great!

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Lars Bars Build Day/February Breakfast

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes put me in for the group buy. If I have to I will pull the radius arms off of my Bronc.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What a great idea. If anyone has a problem finding a set of arms I have some and will take $50 for a pair with the correct caps. I don't get on here often so pm works best. Have fun, Don

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Man, wish I could telecommute... have fun guys. post up all the shortcuts, I'll have to try my luck later from socal.

Cory

Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How soon do you need a commitment? I will need to get funds from Drew before I commit to two sets and he is out of touch until the 26th.

He will not be part of the build day but Daniel may join in (like he did the harness build day I suspect... ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz)

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:50 am

Have you guys been having better luck with the metalcloak style vs the ball style(johhny joint)? Looks more like a factory sleeve bushing... just curious.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Greg, the 26th is just fine. I'll put you down as confirmed for one set and a maybe on the other. I'll be looking to finalize pricing that week and place the order the week of the 2nd so that we've got time to un-cluster anything that gets messed up.

mcnugget, the Metalcloak joints are new enough that none of us are running them. The reviews are good out on the interwebs, and the design comes highly recommended. They give a little more cushion than JJs, and are closer to an OEM clevite bushing in ride and NVH while still retaining most of the benefits of the JJ designs. There are more detailed discussions in these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7043&hilit=metalcloak
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7032&hilit=metalcloak
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6795&hilit=metalcloak

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Cool, thanks

Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

l'm interested in getting in on the build & the buy.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:23 pm

Want me to ask Lars if he would loan out his jig for building the arms?? I chat with him pretty much everyday.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

biohzd, got you down for the group buys.

Bronconut, is he still in CA? I'm guessing that shipping it out would be expensive. I'm interested, but one of the goals of building one is to have one locally for club members to use.

Speaking of which, does anyone have about 3' of 2x2 square tube they want to donate? 1/4" wall would be perfect, but any thickness over 3/16" would be fine.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:40 am

Yea figured you might want your own version I'll see if he any good pictures of his jig. I've built a couple of pairs and they work great you guys using the joints and brackets from Ballistic fab? They work great but I'm heard bad things about Ballistic in the past few years. I'd come down but I'll be in Phoenix for a Bronco brothers wedding.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:40 am

Here's a little something for you from Lars Pedersen himself, have fun per Lars!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet! Thanks!

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will find a way to make this happen. I am currently absorbed about 99% in my new house Project. Somehow a little fixing up and moving in transformed into a full remodel. Anyway, due to my distraction from all things Bronco as of late I need a little poking and prodding to stay on track with this. Justin, Just sign me up for what I'm going to need on the group buy and call or text me with the $$'s so I can be ready to go on build day. I already have a spare set of radius arms but will be recycling my caps since I seem to have lost my spare set of those. I'm so deep in Romex and drywall I have not followed this as close as would have liked so I will leave the planning and designing to you all and just show up for the fun part. I wish I could be more involved but keeping the family sleeping indoors without temporarily camping at my mothers house trumps good articulation. So if you willing to help me out with that end of things I'm in.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Happy to help ya out! I've got you on the list for the group buys and will shout when it's $$ time.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Lars Bars Build Day/February Breakfast-DATE CHANGE
Guys, I was informed that I'm now working on 2/21, so I need to change the date for this to 2/22. Sorry, I'm really unhappy about having to do this.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nobody likes a smart aleck.

Oh, wait, I have that wrong. EVERYONE likes a smart aleck!

Good work.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Any idea on when we are going to order parts?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Put me down for a maybe/probably to help with labor and/or extra tools. And a couple burritos.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Shortly. I'm planning to get final pricing from vendor this week.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:15 am

Justin What are you going to use to cut all the DOM? If I do a little work to my drop saw to get it to cut straight again I can bring it down. It's slower than a chop saw but cleaner and quieter.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've got a 14" dry cut saw and Kirk is bringing his portable band saw. If you want to bring it, more is always welcome-backups are good.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:04 am

I got an email from ballistic fab for 15% off.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next