[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Holly cross
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Holly cross 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Holly cross
Shall we say we will meet at the trailhead at 8:30 or 9 a.m.?

Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would say the earlier the better to try and beat both trail traffic and afternoon storms.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I 'should' be there by 8 a.m. so that would be okay too. All I'll need is a little time to unload my bronco but I can always catch up the rest of the group if you guys wanted to get an earlier start.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

After doing a little research, the campground has 19 spots. First come first serve. $19 per space. I could not find any fire restrictions within Eagle County.

I know some of us are trailering. I'm not (and I don't think Landshark is either). So we'll be rocking small tents, coolers, and chairs. I've usually camped along the road, so I don't have any experience with the campground.

I guess I write this to figure out what we want to do for a campsite, figure out an alternative in case the campground is full, and is anyone bringing any wood/kindling. I can grab a couple bundles when I go to the store.

Thoughts?

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's looking like I'm out for this one. Not enough time to get everything done and field tested before going that far. Stupid work...

Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Matt and I are trying to leave around 12-1:00 as far as wood I know I have a couple of cords Matt probably does too. We can probably grab a couple of site just need to know how many.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We will be leaving before noon. We can also try to save a couple of spots

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's awesome that you guys are getting out so early!

I think there's 6 of us going, Correct?

Horseplay
Sandblaster
Crawlercreations
landshark
Cravenbronco
Toolman

I would think 2-3 sites would suffice. I guess it depends on how many trailers we have and such I leave a pretty small footprint.

Also of note: the Forest Service website says they've been having bear problems in the area. And with fall on our heels, they are probably looking to eat a bunch. So we'll need to lock up food/trash pretty well.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We need a real head count so we don't leave anyone behind or wait for no show. I don't know what kind of cell service is up there , but here is my # 3035704346. I don't know how you guys feel like a phone tree ?

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I won't know what Iam doing until this evening. Will post up when I do. If I do go it will be Friday leaving after 5-6pm from Denver. Will drive up and camp in the large open area on the right before the trail. (Jason and I stayed there last year).

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Iam out guys, this summer is House Addition/Renovation and its taken precedent - Have fun and take some pics!!!!

Hopefully I get a couple of days of wheeling in soon -

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm still trying to get out of town before 5 tomorrow. I have a deadline I have to meet. I'll plan on meeting at the campground. My mobile is 303..359..3324. I'm sure my cell service sucks once I get south of 70.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am "planning" on going tomorrow morning. I am not exactly a morning person and so leaving by or before 6am to get up there by 8:30 will be my challenge. If you guys are able to post up here once you get to your campsite or if one of you guys that has my number wants to text me this afternoon/evening and let me know you have cell coverage, I can text or post tomorrow morning to confirm I am heading up so you can either wait for me or not.

Thanks guys--for those camping, have fun and be safe!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

there is no service on homesteak res road last year, the last service area is on the road just south of Red Cliff

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Have a great trip, wish I was joining you. Pics are mandatory!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My number is if anyone needs to reach me. I doubt I'll have service once I turn off I70.

Last edited by crawlercreations on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll just leave this here...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tease! But loving it.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A few more...

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice!

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice I'm going to run it next year with the half cab as long as they don't shut it down

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So cool!!! WIsh I could have gone with!

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It was hard to focus on work in progress / house remodel knowing I was missing out on this trip.

Glad you guys had fun !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next