[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Wheeling on the 15th of October.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Wheeling on the 15th of October. 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Wheeling on the 15th of October.
So a few of us were talking at the meet up yesterday about doing a wheeling trip next weekend on the 15th. We are thinking either (plane crash/ironclad) (caribou) or (yankee hill-miners gulch-kingston peak). Posting this up to see what kind of interest there might be. Post up if you are interested in wheeling next weekend.

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Wheeling on the 15th of October.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I might be available.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:14 pm

I wish I could but I have a lot to get ready for elk hunting the following weekend.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would love to as well, but I have to do some side-work on Saturday before everyone starts turning off their irrigation systems.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like there is a little interest for the 15th. I'm leaning towards doing Airplane crash and Ironclad, if that goes fast I might head home via Middle Saint Vrain.

Or..... If everyone is interested I could be talked into doing twin cone if that sounds better. Either one sounds good to me.

Let me know if anyone is interested in doing these trails on the 15th

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This darn house remodel has once again trumped my fun pass for Saturday

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I could be in although I would favor red cone or something similar as I have never done it.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well I'm out due to all my funds going to the rebuild kits for the transmission and transfer case for the half cab :-(

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey guys, is there still some interest for going tomorrow? I would prefer not to do red cone as I did it a month and a half ago. I'm still leaning towards doing plane crash and iron clad or twin cone. Let me know if that sounds good to anyone.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, where are the pics ? ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

house construction got the better of me :(

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey guys! I ended up going on an easier trail ride up on the Caribou trail system since i was on my own and i wanted to see how much it had changed since I camped with my family when I was 10. Man has it changed!!! The day was good. Saw a few other vehicles up there. I let the pup out to play in the creeks and then explored both the Caribou creek trail and the Eldora trail. Checked out an old mine and found a old crane from mining back in the day.

Two crazy stories on the day, FIRST---- after doing caribou creek I can came back to the trailhead on the Nederland side and I checked out a side road where I found a rolled over full size bronco. After making sure no one was injured I went and found the tow truck that was at the trailhead and helped him find the truck and flip it back over. The forest service and the national forest ranger were there. Looked like it was a family that rolled while goofing off in a place they shouldn't have. The bronco still had temp tags. It was a 96 and the sherif said it was designated as abandoned. Pic's below.

SECOND---On my way out from the Caribou trailhead side to the Eldora ski lodge was smooth sailing and peaceful to start until i came to the the shelf road on the way down the hill where a jeep caught up to me. It was a couple girls in a stock jeep with no idea how to drive it. So I navigated them through a couple off camber sections where they struggled (kept driving too high on hill and almost rolling). We were about a half mile from the end of the trail when we caught a late group heading up (6:00 pm). This was a sticky situation because the group coming up would not back, they said no where to pull off so they basically made the girls and I backup the mountains on the shelf roads. You can imagine how the girls felt about that, being they had a manual jeep with full tire pressure and no idea how to drive it (can you say burnt clutch) after i helped them back their jeep up the hill half a mile to the first pull off we were finally out of the way for the group going up (more jeep drivers with no skills). After they passed us they decided to turn around and head down..... I was like what the heck guys!!!! So I helped the girls complete the trail safely and then headed home.

Over all it was a great day on the trails with perfect fall weather. Did a little fishing, wheeling and playing in the water with the pup.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

a few more pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome. Thanks for posting up. Wish I could have gone...No pictures of the girls huh?

Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]