[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Dana 44, 9" 31 spline center section, and some other stuff
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Dana 44, 9" 31 spline center section, and some other stuff 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Dana 44, 9" 31 spline center section, and some other stuff
The Dana 44 out of my rig is up for grabs. It's currently mostly torn down. I've got the following parts:

-71 Early Bronco Dana 44 housing with Wild Horses trac bar riser installed.
-Stock axles with recent u-joints.
-4.11 ring and pinion-pinion is installed in the housing.
-3.73 and below open carrier. I can either track down 3.5 (or whatever) gears and sell it with those or get a 4.11 carrier. Alternately, you buy the locker and I can supply it installed.
-Complete ford disc brakes off a '77 F-150. These are arguably the best D44 disc setup for EB applications as it has a larger opening in the knuckle allowing the easy removal of destroyed axles. It also lets you easily use axles with larger 760x u-joints. The ears on the knuckles are inset more than the 76-77 knuckles, so there are no clearance issues running stronger tie rod ends. The knuckles are not reamed for Tie Rod Over, but I can do that if desired. It can come with my almost new calipers and BC Broncos braided stainless hoses. The discs may need to be turned or replaced.

-1.5" DOM tie rod and drag link. I may keep the tie rod ends, but that's negotiable and they're cheap.

-Superlift adjustable track bar. Bushings are a year or two old with about 5,000 miles on them.

-9" center section. It's currently complete, ready to install and set up with 3.50 gears on an open carrier. This will allow up to upgrade to 31 spline axles.
-4.11 gears for 9". Please note that I've got matching 4.11 gears for front and rear and can supply the 3rd member complete and fully rebuilt with the locker of your choice.

I'm hoping to sell this as a package to someone who wants to upgrade and re-gear at the same time. I can sell this in any stage of assembly, from as it sits to totally rebuilt, painted and ready to install. I can also complete the install if needed. I'm open to parting out any of the above, but want to see if anyone expresses interest in a package deal first. I'll post pics soon, but please PM me if you're interested.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Dana 44, 9" 31 spline center section, and some other stu
Pictures?

I just want to see you clear a spot in the floor and line everything up.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]