[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Had to put our dog down
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Had to put our dog down 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Had to put our dog down
Our poor dog took a turn for the worst a few days ago. He's been fighting hip dysplasia for several years now and all the meds we have had him on to combat the pain caused damage to his organs and his quality of life disappeared rather quickly. It's hard for me to grasp. We've been in Germany for nearly 15 months now leaving Reid with my parents to take care of. All along knowing the possibility that we may not see him again was great. We left him fully able to fetch and enjoy life so this has all happened sooner than we had anticipated. I just have a disconnected feeling, like this isn't real; remembering how we last saw him. Even on Facetime a few times in recent past, he didn't seem this bad off. Winter was very hard on his hips and there is some comfort knowing he doesn't have to endure another painful cold season.

I ask for prayers for us all, including my folks, but it's my wife who's taken it the hardest so far and I don't know if she's even got my text that he's now gone. But I know it'll be hard on her.

Reid was an amazing dog. A Chesapeake Bay Retriever with a hard head and a loving heart. He had more personality than any other dog I have ever owned. And I am thankful for the countless morning and evening walks we got to share. He's a hunting dog and I do regret not taking him out as much as I know we both would have liked, but he still had a great life. Aside from the constant shedding, this breed makes for a great all around hound who makes for an excellent family dog, but has the smarts to do nearly anything.

RIP my friend!

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Had to put our dog down
I feel for you, I had to put down both of my Rotties a number of years ago. Both of them developed cancers that removed all quality of life. They were both great dogs and I miss them. Now we have a Chocolate Lab and she is now 10. Last week we had to have a Mast tumor removed from her leg and we are waiting for the pathology report. Hopefully its good news and she has some good years ahead. I can't imagine dealing with it from the other side of the world.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Jeremy. We've all gone thru it and it's never pleasant. I hope the pathology report for you is benign.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That stinks, JM. My thoughts go out to you and yours.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry to hear your having to go through this. Coming up on the 1 yr anniversary when we had to let go of our chocolate lab. Definitely one of the hardest things to have to deal with and especially since your not home. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Brett

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Losing a pet who is more like a family member is extremely hard. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sad day. I just went through this same thing about a month ago. My thoughts are with you and your family who loved Reid.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there man.

My Personal Website -

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:44 pm

A lot of that going on lately. My good friend just lost his husky on sunday. Found her laying in his yard. He knew all along that she was having issues and would only be a matter of time.

Im so sorry for your loss JD. Hope your family the best.

Dogs dont live long enough. I still have some time with my Lab. She's 5 now so hopefully some more enjoyable years ahead.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very sorry for all of you. Dogs really are one of the joys of life. I know you gave him a wonderful life and he enjoyed every day. If we all live our lives like that...enjoy every minute we are given....that's all we can ask for. I'll be thinking of you! Peter

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys!

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]