[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Looking for a couple guys
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 Looking for a couple guys 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Looking for a couple guys
Ok-- let the jokes begin....

I am looking to pull the 302 out of my Bronco this Saturday between about 1-4pm. As I have never pulled an engine before, I was looking for any volunteers with knowledge to come lend some advice.

I will have Kinder's hoist and I believe he will also be able to come by to help. I will order up some Pizza and have beverages available to further entice participation.

I live over near Sloans Lake Near Sheridan and 26th. If interested in coming by, PM me and I will get you my address. In case you haven't seen the weather-- it is supposed to be 60 degrees-- perfect day to pull an engine! icon biggin

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Looking for a couple guys
What are you going to do during the other 2 hours? Send me your address, I'll lend a hand.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Could do Sunday, have to tile a counter top on sat... But you'll be done by then

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

PM me your address.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for offering Keith-- I sure hope we will be done by then!! I will save your generousity for a later date-- the pulling of the motor is JUST the beginning.

Mike-- sending you my address. Thanks!

Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ImageImageImage

Got a lot done today. Big thanks to Kinder, TaskForceBronco, Viperwolf1, 76FordBronco, and my buddy Levi. My Bronco now looks worse than when I bought it! Gotta go back 1 step to go forwards 5. Surprisingly their was pizza left.

I'm so thankful, that I'll completely overlook the clogged toilet I walked into. My money is on TaskForceBathroom. Not even the antifreeze we flushed earlier seemed to be enough to penetrate the waste of a teenage eating machine.

Thanks again guys. Moab is still looking good for my future!

Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm so thankful, that I'll completely overlook the clogged toilet I walked into.

That's funny, I saw the puddle of water on the floor from the prior user and thought it was from someone getting out of the shower. I guess I should have said something.

oops

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Looking for a couple guys
Oh crap, lol! Dude I'm sorry! Next time I'll sweep the grounds before we leave to confirm no damage.

Edit, it was just water right?

Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes just water. Otherwise, not sure I could've overlooked it!!

Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Logs floating down stream have a tendency to end friendships.

Reminds me of a sign on the door at work when I got back from my last trip.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Way to blame the teen who has better bathroom etiquette then his old man

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Would like to revive this thread and see if I can employ a few good men once again next Sunday, March 23rd to install the new 351W engine. Would like to get started early and hopefully get it in and firing by the end of the day. Muscle and knowledge highly appreciated!

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We'll be there. Hope someone shows up with experience you've requested, lol

Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm hoping to make it, but next weekend is way up in the air. If my wife's trial gets over I'll have some time.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

already committed elsewhere

so many Broncos, so little time.............

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just get out Mr. Sawzall and things go faster. Especially if your talking Hard Top to Safari Top conversion...Tick tick tick.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thought I would put out a quick bump. I know weekend time is precious but we could probably use a couple more guys if anyone thinks they might be available on Sunday.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry I missed helping out--to many weekend commitments to break away...

So, since I missed out, what is the update? Did you take it for a test drive last night?

Jeff

Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No problem Jeff. Weekends are always high in demand!

Thanks to Kirk, Willem, Phil, Justin, and my buddy Levi for helping out Sunday. We were able to get the engine stabbed and get a list of to do's together to move forward. I am pretty much 100% wired on the dash, I just need to tidy things up and the dash will be ready to be mounted.

It's gonna be a busy next 4 weeks to get this thing ready to go for Moab. I can't wait to turn the key for the first time and hear the engine fire!

Here is a sneak peak of the new dash layout.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice looking dash. Sorta similar to what I'm slowly building.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dash looks great. Did you get it water jetted or cut it out eventually?

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

They had a minimum charge of 100. Said that he'd do more than 1 dash for that price if people decided to combine efforts. Family owned business and very nice. Turnaround time was a few days.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]